Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I am new here from Hong Kong.
I just got my license, and I am taking advance course in the driving school now. it's kind of like an extensive course in safety driving skill.

so I will be buying my first bike in end of the year.
many people suggest me to buy a CB400 (VTEC or standard engine)
I am also thinking about the SUZUKI SV650, because it's selling at similar price as the CB400....(regardness my name is "hondafan")

my ultimate target is to own a CBR-600RR and a Shadow 750 eventually (may be 2years later)...

**by the way, please suggest used bike, too.
I think it's better to buy a used bike first...

thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since you are overseas and have the option of getting a 400cc class bike I'd suggest going with that. We don't have many/any 400's here in the USA. Ride that for a year or two and then get your CBR-600RR. You can always trade-up, or even better yet... keep the 400 for learning tricks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
hondafan said:
so I will be buying my first bike in end of the year.
many people suggest me to buy a CB400 (VTEC or standard engine)
They make a bike with Vtec???

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the best bike for you would be USED....hahah Sounds funny but I worked at a bike dealership for many years and had to repair alot of new bikes after being dropped over and over on the way home from the dealership.
Sounds like your doing the right thing by taking the rides school.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
hhehe, no offense guys, but just wanted to clear that a 600 is the ultimate noob starter bike. im off to Yamaha to check them as well.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I think the best bike for you to learn on is someone else's. Bang theirs up, drop it a couple of times and when you get some skill, and the road rash heals up, go buy a bike for yourself

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's not a listed sportbike here (because it's a sport tourer), but get a used VFR. Amazingly neutral and should be insurance friendly. In the end, find something you feel comfortable on and always ride within your capabilities.

I'm still riding my first bike...

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would go w/the cb400 to start out with and get it used if you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts