Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's goin on folks. Im new to these forums and new to the world of bikes. My boy just got a 04 Yamaha R6 and I fell in love with it. I think it's a really nice bike and a lotta fun to drive. Since I'm new I have doubts about gettin anything stronger than a 600cc, 750 seems tempting, but I dont know. What are your opinions on what I should get? (around the 600cc range?)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
623 Posts
Emon Crew said:
Hey what's goin on folks. Im new to these forums and new to the world of bikes. My boy just got a 04 Yamaha R6 and I fell in love with it. I think it's a really nice bike and a lotta fun to drive. Since I'm new I have doubts about gettin anything stronger than a 600cc, 750 seems tempting, but I dont know. What are your opinions on what I should get? (around the 600cc range?)

Thanks in advance
No your boy who started on the R6 is weak. Nothing short of an R1 is a real bike to start with. It’s a good beginners in the sense its very light, extremely powerful and maneuverable and it looks awesome. All the girls are going to be drooling over you with a ride like that and you are going to smoke your friend on his girly R6 beginners bike like he is standing still. Oh did I mention I ride a 250 Ninja?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well IMHO I would suggest these 500ex, GS500F, 250ex!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Exhiliration said:
No your boy who started on the R6 is weak. Nothing short of an R1 is a real bike to start with. It’s a good beginners in the sense its very light, extremely powerful and maneuverable and it looks awesome. All the girls are going to be drooling over you with a ride like that and you are going to smoke your friend on his girly R6 beginners bike like he is standing still. Oh did I mention I ride a 250 Ninja?

Maybe you can buy his Ninja.
Seriously, have you ridden at all before?

·
Registered
160 Posts
brace urself emon... starting on a 600 and a 750 being temping isnt the best thing to say around these parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, well by me saying "starting on" I didnt really mean this is the first time I've ridden a bike. I've ridden on the Honda CBR 600's when I was down in Miami for a good week, and I've ridden my cousin's bike's here and there. I know how to ride bikes decently, Im just not too experienced with things like taking turns doing 30mph, or opening the bike up 100% full throttle...ya get wut im saying.

Im not going to waste anytime with the 250's because those are def. sloww, however if you guys would be so kind as to drop your knowledge on the 600cc bikes that are out there, and which one's get the best reviews, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Emon Crew said:
LOL, well by me saying "starting on" I didnt really mean this is the first time I've ridden a bike. I've ridden on the Honda CBR 600's when I was down in Miami for a good week, and I've ridden my cousin's bike's here and there. I know how to ride bikes decently, Im just not too experienced with things like taking turns doing 30mph, or opening the bike up 100% full throttle...ya get wut im saying.

Im not going to waste anytime with the 250's because those are def. sloww, however if you guys would be so kind as to drop your knowledge on the 600cc bikes that are out there, and which one's get the best reviews, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Sorry about that I did not know you were an experienced rider, however, it only reaffirms the notion that the R1 is the 600cc you need as your first bike.

·
Registered
533 Posts
new bikes like the r6 600rr zx6r gsxr600 are all extremely fast and very responsive

be carefull, you should start on something smaller as everyone here will tell you

·
Sandbox hater!!
629 Posts
All the reviews say the Gixxer 600 is the best if you are gonna go new. But I would recommend a 3 or 4 year old bike. That way when you fall and you will it isn't as bad on your pocket. I personally started out on what I have a TL1000R which is a beast for anybody. But honesly I wish I would have gotten a 600. But I do love my Tiller and wouldn't trade it for anything. Hope this helps. Oh I would say a 01 GSXR or R6 maybe even a CBRF3. New if you wanna go that route the CBR600RR is supposed to be the easiest to handle. And looks good to.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey man if you want a 600 get an older one. Such as the Honda F2 or F3. Dont even think about touching those 600's or 750's.

Ill fill in for RacerX

TAKE THE MSF COURSE FIRST!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
279 Posts
Clicka The Linka In Racer Xas Posta

·
Registered
765 Posts
Emon Crew said:

Thanks
Dead set on a 600 ? Try an FZR600, YZF600, or a 600 Katana. They are going to treat you a lot better than the new 600SS bikes,and probably save you some ass skin.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you ever try looking at a suzuki sv650s? I dont know if they are considered starter bikes but they're better then the 600's out there as a starter. Im getting one myself because im riding my buddies gs500 around somtimes and i took the msf course which was very helpfull. Its a nice v-twin , it has that sporty look which you might like as a starter.Take a look at it www.svrider.com .

Btw does anyone know how much the lower fairing would cost for a 2001 sv650s? im talking about the one that attaches to the upper front fairing if some of you are wondering, ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find a price, thx in advance.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I personally think the Hayabusa is the best bike to start on! It will keep you on the edge of your seat the moment you turn it on. But yah, you wanna be a REAL man, go get yourself a busa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why is it that the majority of the people who replied to this post love posting sarcastic remarks, and talk of "if u wanna be a real man" All I did was ask for opinions on bikes in the sport-bike category. Everyone automatically assumed Im a dumbass who's never sat on a bike before, and I want to start riding, to "look cool" or "be a MAN" in front of others....it's nothing like that. I'm trying out for the 600's because I know its a strong bike, and its something Im going to have to take carefully, and be dedicated to...not goof off, and try to be a hotshot.

It's always "kill the newbie" eh ?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts