Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to trade/sell my VTR so I can grab a CBR954 while there are still a few new ones around (I don't like the 1000). The dealer offered me $3000 which I feel is a little low, even though I know they need to make money too. Its an 02, Hindle carbon fiber exhaust, zero gravity windscreen, jetted, K&N, new Dunlop 208s. Bike has 3400 miles on it and is immaculate. The paint is absolutely perfect with no scratches, swirls, etc. What is something like this worth? Can I reasonably expect $6000 out of it private?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think 6000 is a good asking price, but "reasonably expect" would be more what I quoted. you can find good 02 Rc51 bikes for 6200 and 6500 all the time, so i would expect to pay less for a superchicken

·
Registered
280 Posts
np that site is free and has all bike models and it is what banks use for value of a bike as well

·
Registered
501 Posts
NADA values suck as far as real world values go. Most time mods don't add value, and can actually hurt resale value. when i buy used bikes, i like them as close to stcok as possible.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree that something overmodded can hurt value but I don't think anyone would want a sport V twin with stock pipes. The Hindle system alone was $800.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You won't even get any bites asking $6k. I'd ask $5500, and be happy with $5k.

·
Registered
212 Posts
freeride said:
You won't even get any bites asking $6k. I'd ask $5500, and be happy with $5k.
+1 additionally, most guys are looking for the SS bikes. I tried saling my FZ1 and got a few bites, but no one wanted to pay over 4500. If you can get 5k, that would be a good deal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dam $6800 new for a bike that lists for $8999....I will never understand why these bike are not more popular....they handle great, have a killer exhaust note, have good power, etc...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I've been seeing them go between $4500 to $5500 around here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like your friend gave his away if its comparable to mine....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $5k for a used one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn I gotta move to Scottsdale and trade mine in!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts