Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The side pockets of my tank bag are devoted to first aid and minor repair. I do actually use several items pretty regularly:

lighter, flashlight, rag, tire guage
zip ties (most borrowed item, after lighter)
multi-tool, clif bar, sunscreen, glasses, lip balm

latex gloves
gauze, dressings, bandaids
burn gel, sting kit
prescription pain killers
ace bandage, splint
hot pack, cold pack
space blanket
20' 500lb cord.
emergency contacts, medical history

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cell phone... and a paper stored in my wallet with all my contacts, blood type, alergies.... etc etc etc

·
Registered
803 Posts
karst, are prescription strength pain killers going to make you safe to ride? I mean if your still able after what ever causes you to need them while your out riding. I wouldn't want you to loose your wits because of prescription drugs like that.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emergency info = contacts, allergies, etc.
Use of pain killers assumes no more riding. Why would I carry a kit if I had a death wish?

But seriously. I wanted to know what you all carry, besides condoms and lube, and a pistol.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Oh, you were serious!.. :lao On long rides, I carry:

1) Raincoat
2) Fix-a-flat
3) Chain lube
4) Loose change and dollar bills
5) Credit card
6) Cell phone (fully charged) spare battery also fully charged.
7) Contact #'s in wallet
8) Spare key
9) Mini-flashlight
10) Tools that came with the bike
11) Registration
12) and of course, condoms... I was serious....:eek:nfloor

I only carry a first aid kit at the tracks.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
segue00 said:
So you don't have a kit--- just a pocket!:bitchslap :lol
That's it.

I haven't gone far enough away from civilization to need something like that. If the underseat storage was b***** I'd probably carry something, but at this point I don't.

·
Registered
169 Posts
karst said:
Emergency info = contacts, allergies, etc.
Use of pain killers assumes no more riding. Why would I carry a kit if I had a death wish?
I have to carry pain killers on long journeys... and I keep driving.

Let me explain:
When I was 18... while playing soccer, I got injured. Knee Joint out of place and a micro rupture in the lateral ligaments.

At that time, my doctor told me... you need surgery and 6 months resting... I said no.. and in 2 months I was back on the field... things got worse... so no more soccer for me. Nowadays...if my knee is a huge amount of time in the same position.. it'll get sore and it will get blocked.

So the pain killers... and their anti-swelling capabilites, keep it ok, and therefore me, ok to keep riding.

Speaking... of my knee... it hurts today... weather is changing... I bet on it!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Megatron said:
I have to carry pain killers on long journeys... and I keep driving.

Let me explain:
When I was 18... while playing soccer, I got injured. Knee Joint out of place and a micro rupture in the lateral ligaments.

At that time, my doctor told me... you need surgery and 6 months resting... I said no.. and in 2 months I was back on the field... things got worse... so no more soccer for me. Nowadays...if my knee is a huge amount of time in the same position.. it'll get sore and it will get blocked.

So the pain killers... and their anti-swelling capabilites, keep it ok, and therefore me, ok to keep riding.

Speaking... of my knee... it hurts today... weather is changing... I bet on it!
I hear ya on the weather thing. Bad knees from football (American).

·
Registered
173 Posts
All I got in mine is a cell phone and a cyanide pill. J/K

Spare plugs and fix a flat. I figure any other problem and my bike needs a tow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm thinking of putting one of those CO2 inflaters under my seat, but it says not to expose it to temperatures > 120 deg F. With the underseat exhaust, high Summer temps and direct sunlight, it might get close to that here in Houston. Have any of you heard of one of these things exploding?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
karst, segue00,

Good thread.

I carry similar items in my tail bag all the time. (Yours both is very extensive!)

Additionally, I have:
- More tools
- Gas siphon hose (I had a buddy without a gauge run out of gas once)
- Tire patch kit, and mini inflatible bicycle pump (it works)
- Plumbers tape (seals cut brake line, etc)
- Cargo net, bungee cords, disk lock
- Map

·
Registered
803 Posts
UU LS said:
I'm thinking of putting one of those CO2 inflaters under my seat, but it says not to expose it to temperatures > 120 deg F. With the underseat exhaust, high Summer temps and direct sunlight, it might get close to that here in Houston. Have any of you heard of one of these things exploding?
.....plus those things are a pain. We never had a lot of good luck with them. We always lost more of the CO2 then we go in the damn tire. :rolleyes

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haha, that's great. Now for those that wondered what was inside those bags attached to that vehicle, the answer is provided!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts