Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets bring a little life back into this area. What does everyone have in their bag at the current moment?

Here's what I got.

Nikon D7000 w/ MB-D11 grip

Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Nikkor 18mm-105mm f/3.5-5.6
Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 fisheye
Sigma 70mm-200mm f/2.8
Nikkor 80mm-400mm f/4.5-5.6 (rented)

Nikon SB-600 Flash

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I've been carrying one of my smaller bags lately, and I'm so happy with these two lenses that I haven't felt the need to use any other ones in quite some time.

Lowepro all weather something or other bag
Pentax 12-24 wide angle
Pentax 70mm prime
An unknown brand small tripod
Pentax K-x

I carry the quick release adapter for the tripod shown (and the much larger Manfrotto one I keep in the truck) instead of having it on the camera, because the camera is wearing the adapter for that gadget you see attached to the strap of the camera bag. It lets me secure the camera to the bag strap while I'm walking around and not actually using the camera. Keeps it from bouncing around or getting banged into things if I need to reach for something or get too close to things.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll have to get pictures of it here in a bit.

Canon T3i - With battery pack grip.
Canon 18-55
Canon 55-250
Canon 50 f/1.8 The "nifty fifty"

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
My photography has mostly been working as a youth sports shooter. (little league, softball, basketball, gymnastics). I do some portrait/studio work from time to time.

Nikon D700 w/ batt grip. 'bout 250,000 shots on this guy.
Nikkor 70-200 2.8
Tamron 28-75 2.8
Lots of Eneloops

Out of the bag
SB600 + 2x SB28 flash guns
3 monolights w/ softboxes
Manfrotto monopod

·
Registered
83 Posts
Canon 7D
Canon 18-55
Canon 28-135
Canon 50 f/1.8
Sigma 70-300
Sigma 10-22
Sigma 530DG flash
Assorted filters

All carried in a Canon backpack. Pretty sturdy and lots of padding, prefer it over other types of camera bags.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Canon 7D
Grip that I barely use, because I just haven't really needed to. It's lighter to carry 2 batteries.
Canon 15-85 IS (love this goddamn lens)
Canon 70-300 IS (Non L) - Borrowed
I also keep a 4 stop ND Filter and a CP for the 15-85
wired tr*****.

I got the 7D for action since my 4 year is a ball of energy and figured the 8 fps would help get some good shots (has so far, f'ing machine gun) Funny thing is I've done more landscape than action since I got it. I really need to get out to the canyons more on the weekends.

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Canon 5D Mark II
Grip
Canon 28-135
Canon 50 1.8
Tamron wide angle that I can't remember right now (left camera bag at work to ride the bike home)
Canon Speedlite 420
multiple filters for all lenses
extra memory cards and cleaning kit.

Ron

Reactions: Anthonyd5189

·
Registered
9 Posts
Canon 1D mark IIn
Canon 28-70mm 2.8L
Canon 50mm 1.8
Canon 580EX x2 with external batteries
A few spare batteries, Oben mini tripod x2, Opas Pixel wireless tr****** x3, some reversing rings, Kenko 25mm extension tube, LED ring light and a bunch of eneloop rechargeable batteries. I'm sure I have other crap stuffed in there I'm forgetting. ImageUploadedByMO Free1379002753.065434.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks man. It was just luck of the draw. A storm was rolling past my house and I went out to the drive way. My wife thought I had gone mad. I was fighting mosquitoes for about 30 minutes and I really hadn't gotten anything. I made some setting changes to help with focus (went from f/3.5 to f8 and bumped up the iso 400 and aperture to 8sec). Not 3 seconds after I clicked the shutter, BAM. I was so excited I almost bumped the tripod. Oddly enough, I'm not that great with fireworks haha. I'll have to find some shots from the last 4th and look at them again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts