Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcyclist lands in bed of pickup truck after being hit by vehicle on Route 19

A Bentleyville man was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital Friday afternoon after his motorcycle was struck from behind and he flew 33 feet through the air and landed in the bed of a pickup truck in North Strabane Township.

Jeffrey D. Cull, 40, of 503 Washington St., had stopped his motorcycle because traffic had backed up in the southbound lanes of Route 519, near the Wilson Road intersection, at 4:18 p.m., when he was hit from behind by a car driven by Gerald Ethridge, 74, of 60 Carl Ave., Eighty Four, police said.

After he was hit, Cull flew 33 feet through the air, landing on his back in the open bed of a pickup truck driven by Lester Beal, 55, of 62 Sundust Road, Eighty Four, police said. Beal, who had also stopped for traffic, told police he heard something squeal, a thud and then someone moaning in the back of his truck.

Michael Dzurko of 102 Prospect Ave., Charleroi, was driving north on Route 519 and witnessed the accident. Dzurko, who is also a paramedic, treated Cull until emergency personnel arrived.

Ethridge, the driver of the car that struck Cull, reportedly told police that he had become distracted for a second and looked away from the road. He said when he looked back at the road "it was too late," police reported. Ethridge told police he was only traveling 25 mph. The speed limit on the road is 45 mph.

Cull, who was wearing a helmet, was flown by medical helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, police reported.

A spokeswoman for the hospital said Monday that she had no record of Cull's treatment.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well at least he didn't get no road rash. :lao Just hope the guy is ok, that is why I usually keep checking my mirrors at least until someone is stopped behind me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No way you're going to send someone flying 33 feet if you're going 25mph. The old man is a liar that can't drive and shouldn't still have his license.

Also odd that the hospital has no record of the guy's treatment?!?!

Lucky for the guy that a paramedic happened to be there to witness it and help. Sometimes all it takes is a difference of a few seconds or minutes for help to have a huge impact on how well you will recover in the end.

I hope Cull sues the old man.

BTW, anyone else find it weird that they give everybody's street address??? I've never seen that before.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
decius said:
No way you're going to send someone flying 33 feet if you're going 25mph. The old man is a liar that can't drive and shouldn't still have his license.

Lucky for the guy that a paramedic happened to be there to witness it and help. Sometimes all it takes is a difference of a few seconds or minutes for help to have a huge impact on how well you will recover in the end.

I hope Cull sues the old man.

BTW, anyone else find it weird that they give everybody's street address??? I've never seen that before.
look in the mirror, proceed to slap yourself. :bitchslap

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Flying 33 feet seems feasable if the car was going 25 mph.... But to fly 33 feet and land in the bed of a pickup truck, well, I'd assume the car was going near 40. Maybe I'm wrong.

I hope there were pillows in the back of that truck. I'm sure you could get quite a neck injury from slamming into the wall of the cab.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Now this is where I ride every day. This is the same area where the guy ran over and killed the couple on the bike because of an argument. Now you know why I carry a gun. The people in cars.

·
Registered
169 Posts
alexchannell said:
Think how far longjumpers go and legs are way weaker than a car at 25 mph
Long jumpers run down the track at approximately 18mph. Then, they spring forward. Compare this to a car hitting an object (where force is immediately lost from the impact) that is stationary and is not "springy" (the body will bend/contort to cushion the impact before the force just forces it in the air initially). At the end of the impact, the body's vertical velocity is not as high as that of the long jumper.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
decius said:
I find it a bit strange but I bet its appropriate when the article reads...

Jill Neighborgirl was sexually assaulted by Bill Asbag of 44 Secada St on Friday at 3pm.
Make room for vigilante justice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hozhead said:
I find it a bit strange but I bet its appropriate when the article reads...

Jill Neighborgirl was sexually assaulted by Bill Asbag of 44 Secada St on Friday at 3pm.
Make room for vigilante justice.
haha, good call. However, that would probably be the one time this paper doesn't print the address.

·
Registered
73 Posts
decius said:

His family may have asked that his condition not be released to the media.

In the small town where my GF is from, they post everyone's address. They also mention everyone's tickets, court appearances, etc.

·
Registered
592 Posts
all tickets and arrests are public record in my county. Example: Hop on my County Court house's website and Type in the name John Smith. This will give you every john smith that has been arrested or recieved a ticket for anything. Now it will not provide you with an address, but it will tell you if it is a fel,mis, or ticket.

·
Registered
645 Posts
loveMyGsxr1000 said:
all tickets and arrests are public record in my county. Example: Hop on my County Court house's website and Type in the name John Smith. This will give you every john smith that has been arrested or recieved a ticket for anything. Now it will not provide you with an address, but it will tell you if it is a fel,mis, or ticket.
thats how it is pretty much anywhere... I guess it is limited by if your city has an internet site that is up to standards, but you can search violations by address or name.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts