Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 suzuki gsx-r 600 that was in mint condition untill someone tipped it over yesterday. now it has a mark on the back tail and a scratched area above the headlight about the size of a silver dollar. i have no idea how to fix it with out it looking like shit. it has never been tipped over before. the red on the front is a unique color and i think it will be hard to match

can you guys please help me out, i dont know what to do!!!!

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
MHALSTUD said:
i have a 98 suzuki gsx-r 600 that was in mint condition untill someone tipped it over yesterday. now it has a mark on the back tail and a scratched area above the headlight about the size of a silver dollar. i have no idea how to fix it with out it looking like shit. it has never been tipped over before. the red on the front is a unique color and i think it will be hard to match

can you guys please help me out, i dont know what to do!!!!
Nail polish. Sounds cheesy, but I've found there's a plethora of female war paint available that's stronger and more durable than my kevlar armor jacket....works really well on doing minor touch ups. Size of a silver dollar, eh? Apply painter's tape around the affected area, get some ultra fine sandpaper and smooth down the paint (just a little!). You can apply primer and PPG (my favorite) paint, or some good old fashioned Revlon nail polish (for small jobs only!). Good luck.
:headbang

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go see your local automotive paint store and see if they can match it up and then use a mach 00 striping brush ....if the area is small? Larger repairs will need to be sprayed and then you'll be spending some $$$$. Im in the paint and detail supply business if anyone has a similar problem.Some/most bike colors are extremely clean and often kandys,but we'll try to help and have matched lots of cars,bikes over the years :)

http://d-angelopbe.com/news.htm#Locations

·
Registered
107 Posts
another option is a company called Color-Rite that makes OEM paint products...I believe they sell touch-up pens. I know they sell the paint in spray cans. I've used the spray cans before with good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts