Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF wants to buy a bike. We've looked at the GS500f and she sorta likes it. Yesterday we were at the gym and saw a ninja 500. I personally think those are the worst looking 80's style non-updated, crap styled rides out there but I realize they do make great starter bikes. Well the one we saw was all black, black frame, black fairings, etc.... I'll be damned if it didn't look downright decent. And my GF liked it was well. Although she liked the all black 600rr parked next to it a lot more I told her she couldn't have that as her first bike. :D

My question is, what year did that bike come in all black?

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the '05 online, but the lower fairing was silver. This one was really all black and looked brand new.

·
Registered
388 Posts
94-2004 500r's have a lower fairing.

Chances are it was a custom paint job.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it has a lower fairing, no it wasn't nekid. Maybe it was custom. Looked like this but with a black lower and no silver graphics:

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely. It has a more modern sportbike look even if it is an old standard underneath. :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
I guess I just don’t like it, cause I think the ex looks a lot better, but it could just be that I have the ex and know that it has a lot more power and destroys the GS on everything expect looks(lol) but I think people like the GS just because its full fairing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
big_slacker said:
Yes it has a lower fairing, no it wasn't nekid. Maybe it was custom. Looked like this but with a black lower and no silver graphics:

It must have been custom because this '05 is the closest you're going to get to all black. FYI, you can buy a mid fairing for the 500R if you're really that concerned about looks. Personally, I think my 02 Red/Black/Charcoal 500R looks badass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts