Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday the anticipation of the my final home improvement was about to end. New windows through the entire house.

About four hrs into the day my wife calls and said they installed the incorrect window style? WTF! :eek:

That is right, out of 9 windows 2 are correct. They are all sliders not double hung.

Well to sum it up the crew stopped with 2 correct windows, 5 incorrect windows installed, and left two of the old windows in.

Here is the funny fucking thing, customer service says that the guy that put in the wrong order has a lot on his mind, BTW sorry for the mistake!

I understand that there are mistakes made everyday. But this one left my house all fucked up. I than speak with the service manager and explained that I would like a partial refund to make up for the mistake. After speaking with the business manager she calls me at work and tells me "unfortunately mistakes do not equate with money in the real world"!

Holy fat fuck! Are you kidding me! :angry

So this is where the situation lies? Aside for choking the service manager what would you do?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
$tapped$ said:
So this is where the situation lies? Aside for choking the service manager what would you do?
Make a second attempt to resolve the situation amicably. If impossible, contact the Better Business Bureau, file a complaint. Contact your state Attorney General's office of Consumer Affairs, ask for assistance in resolution. Continue to call the business each day until the come perform the work that was contracted, until the right products are installed, correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are scheduled to come fix the problem Thursday. My thing is what kind of fucking excuse is the order guy has a lot on his mind and mistakes do not equate to money in the real world?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
$tapped$ said:
...what kind of fucking excuse is the order guy has a lot on his mind and mistakes do not equate to money in the real world?
Easy answer. It's a poor excuse. Mistakes lead to concessions for resolution. If there is no resolution, that leads to lawsuits. For a company to think any other company hasn't been sued for mistakes it's made, errors or other unstated gross negligences...is just plain foolish.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Thats funny shit, because mistakes are ALWAYS very costly!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
the wraith is just owning the shit out of this thread.. preach on bro.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would still file a complaint with the BBB even if they come and fix the problem. The way they handled it was unacceptable business practice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking of putting a hold on the check that I paid with. When the establishment contacts me for collection I will refer to their customer service managers advice, Shit sorry it was an honest mistake! And we know in the real world mistakes do not equate to any money.

PM me if you live in Pittsburgh so you do not get stuck with these fucks installing your windows!

·
old member
13,079 Posts
$tapped$ said:
I was thinking of putting a hold on the check that I paid with. When the establishment contacts me for collection I will refer to their customer service managers advice, Shit sorry it was an honest mistake! And we know in the real world mistakes do not equate to any money.

PM me if you live in Pittsburgh so you do not get stuck with these fucks installing your windows!
Don't stop payment on the check!! Believe it or not, they could then sue you for breach of contract. Try to resolve the issues with them. Would you rather have the correct windows or financial compensation? Wait until they resolve the issues or give up before contacting the BBB or contractor's licencse board (or whatever your state has).

Hard lesson to learn, but always check out contractors with the BBB and license board BEFORE you sign up with them.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ok, well from a Contractors point of view, which I am one, there's no way in hell I'd pay for ppl to not do the work that they were paid to do. Wrong windows or not. You call them and tell them, on the order that this is the window and this is when you are going to have it installed or your not paying the bill.

I'm sorry that the installer or whom ever is having problems, but if they are that bad, don't go to work or have someone reliable finish the job. We all have had bad days, but that dosent excuse shitty work. Boo Hoo, poor man, bad day, waaaaaaaaa :a2 tough crap! Call them and tell them they WILL repalce the windows at no extra cost to you, and give them a deadline to get the work done.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
If the company fixes the situation promptly, no big deal. If not, and I hate to say this, talk to a lawyer. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'd talk to a lawyer and get his opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to see if they complete the project correctly Thursday as stated. Man I do not know what to think about contractors. This particular company is well known for quality and service :bs . I should have completed it myself and made sure there was no mistakes. Next time.
Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snigg, Currently w/o a ride. Well for this season anyway, hence my username(=no money). Going to pick something up for this upcomming season. Sold my last ride 4 months ago.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dude, STOP THE PAYMENT STOP THE CHECK.

Got first hand experience. Trust me STOP THE CHECK. If they take you to court you wll show the judge how they fucked up and you be creative than there is a real good chance the case will get dismissed and you come out without paying them a dime. If they do fix everything on Thursday you can always send another check.

Do that, you can file with the BBB later but don't expect the BBB to fix your windows or compensate you. Stop The Payment!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
The BBB doesn't do much these days actually. Go to www.ripoffreport.com and post there if things don't get resolved. I guess companies are getting a bit more fearful of the web-based consumer sites.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are going to get a good post in the ripoffreport site that is for sure. Their customer service is fucked. If they do rectify the problem I can not imagine them honoring a warranty down the road or any other type of problem.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
You might also want to contact your local newstation as well. I know many stations now have a consumer reporter who will help you get things done right while reporting this company on the local news.

I hope they do what they say but from my experience so far with just getting my privacy fence up...people don't!! It's hard to find a good company that does good work and says what they are going to do.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out Thursday

·
Registered
623 Posts
Also, don't worry about court. This is simple civil trial, you don't need no lawyer and all those expenses. You just tell the judge the honest truth and you will win. Been there done that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts