Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding in the canyons around Malibu and dealing with 'too much' traffic I stumbled across a relatively unknown goldmine of 'twisties'. A couple of my friends were supposed to go with me but they flaked (again) and now I'm not sure if I want to tell them about my discovery or not.

This place, this road , is too good to be true. Miles and miles of switchbacks with nobody in sight (three bikes and one car Saturday, one bike and one car today).

I honestly want my friends to see it, but if they tell a few people and so on .... What would you do? Turn the place into another Malibu?

·
Registered
300 Posts
shut your piehole...but I dont buy it..your in So Cal, nobody would have missed a good set of twisties. Maybe you were there on a slow day.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Gotta say keep your trap shut. There are lots of places in Western Washington I've never told anyone about - and that's one of the reasons they are still fun to ride on.

·
Registered
775 Posts
BentValve said:
shut your piehole...but I dont buy it..your in So Cal, nobody would have missed a good set of twisties. Maybe you were there on a slow day.
+1...I would be surprised if there are any nice roads up near Malibu that people don't already know about. So you might as well tell me...

·
Registered
592 Posts
dont tell anyone cause once you tell one person they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and then they tell one person and your little road is now populated with everyone including cops because they want to know where all the sport bikes are going and any local residents like to complain about the extra noise

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would keep quiet, it's their fault for flaking out

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Keep it quiet. They don't sound like they'd appreciate it anyway.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Silence is golden.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
some friend you are - you find a good road and then won't share it with your friends?

Please look up the word "selfish" in the dictionary and report back to us.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Yep...and right beside that definition of selfish would be a pic of me enjoying those twisties by myself...When the word gets out...it will be no fun anymore

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
I have been finding some new to me twisites around here as well... and all my friends that "ride" (read, cruise around the city on the weekends) are a bunch of pussies and never want to really ride, so I just keep alllll that shit to myself, fuck em :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
as the pimp would say, "sit down, shut your face, and look pretty woman.. I dont wanna hear another word out of you.."

Do exactly that..

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Riding the twisties alone is boring... Tell your friends.

·
Supersport Batman
430 Posts
What part of SoCal? :) I'll be your new friend, I won't flake out, JUST TELL ME WHERE THE DANG SPOT IS! :lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
You gotta be in it to win it! Can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat! Your "friends" missed their opportunity and you're doing all the leg work; so you get to enjoy it (at least for this week - 'cause I'm following you!)

·
Registered
489 Posts
It may be selfish, except I gathered that you were going to show them the roads had they not flaked out on you. That's not your problem. Keep it to yourself, buddy. It is rare to find a lightly ridden road that isn't overrun with tons of vehicles, cops, and radar traps.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Charge for admission. Just have a booth in the entrance. Stop ALL motorcycles and say "$10 for admission, no in or outs".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts