Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Motorcycle?

I'm writing an article for a BMW motorcycle magazine. I was wondering what would it take for you to buy a BMW? What would you like to see BMW do to there bikes?

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I kinda think the K1200 is pretty bad assed! The price is a little high but that's about it in my opinion.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just saw their supermoto at the Chicago bike show... it looked pretty sweet but I bet it was pretty heavy. The single sided spoked rims look sweet.

Price and performance. Their bikes cost a little more and are a little heavier and have a little less power.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redd said:
In your case: a rich mommy and daddy.

Why did someone have to post something negative? I’m just asking a simply question…

Plus it doesn't answer the question... but thanks anyways..

·
5,455 Posts
the price is the only thing i got against them.
i love their designs, the boxer motors, asymetric styling, etc.
if only they were priced the same as the big 4

·
Registered
759 Posts
Either lower the price, or keep the price the same but make it all inclusive for the first 4 years (just like their cars). All inclusive meaning, oil change, brake job, radiator flush, anything maintenance related in the first 4 years will be free (or included in the price).

·
Retired Street Champ
340 Posts
i agree with the majority here..there is no doubt that they make an exceptional bike....but the price tags are a lil steep for most to handle....i would deffinatly consider BMW in my future bike buying but for now im fine with less expensive and more bang for the buck japanese SS bikes...maybe if they could compete there they would end up with a b***** market stemming down to a younger age group 16-30 instead of the 30+ age group which they currently apeal to in part not only because of price but riding ergos also

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
asymmetrical front ends look WEIRD TO MOST AMERICANS.

·
Wish I were a Leesta too
2,774 Posts
lower prices, lower weight, and more options as far as engine and chassis sizes. the new F800's fill in the gap somewhat but i'd really like to see an updated version of the K75S. like take the K12R Sport and put it on a diet. right now, the options are really big K bikes and really big R bikes. i'm anxious for the local dealer to get in the F800's. i'd like to check them out. it might be what i'm looking for though i'd prefer to get away from a parallel twin.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
lower the price and make them look a little more sporty.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Status symbol

Jeep - RangeRover?
Toyota - Bmw?

Same performance, higher price tag

I would never own one, although I think their cafe racer style bikes look cool..

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
If I wanted to go through the Darien Gap to Tierra del Fuego tomorrow, I'd get an R1200GS Adventure.

An HP2 would be nice, but at that price I could have a 1098S Tricolore or a nice MV.

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be honest I like the way BMW is working on their bikes and image, the 800 is a great entry level sporty commuter/sport-tourer, the H2 and new supermoto bikes look cool, and the k1200 is the ideal replacement for my blackbird when it dies. The problem is price, new k1200= $27000 canadian, used blackbird= $7000 canadian. If you look at the way Ducati is pricepointing the 1098 I think you will see the direction BMW could head. However I don't think that BMW can produce the quantity of models it presently does and lower the production costs at the same time.

By the way I'm in my mid thirties and definately the target demographic for your motorcycles.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If their prices were around where brand new kawa/suzi/yama bikes are.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts