Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without damaging the plastic? The bike i bought over the weekend has the windshield painted with spray paint to match the bike and i want it stock again. What solvent will take the paint off and not harm the plastic?

·
Registered
348 Posts
replacing the windshield with a zerogravity double bubble would solve your problem:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gixxer_Six2003 said:
There is some paint stripper at Autozone that is for plastic bumpers on cars. It didnt seem to hurt the FZR's fairings and other plastics. Just try a small spot first.
Hmm, i will stop by there tomorrow after work, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
plastic and paint

My experience with this is,any type of solvent and plastic simply dont mix,and the previous owner probably scuffed the plastic to gain adhesion.Even if you get the paint off,the plastic may be scratched.There must be a new take off sitting in someones garage they could pass on?I have the stock clear windshields for my RC51 AND CBR 1000 ,but probably no help...good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the bike you just bought is anywhere close to being popular, you'll find a ton of stock windscreens on eBay going dirt cheap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey
Your avatar F*king Rocks!
The Cheat!
Sorry I felt alone in the world of homestarrunner and strongbad,damn..i need a life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts