Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this once before but here goes again...What were you riding before you got your 636 and how did it compare?

·
Registered
20 Posts
don't have the luxury of the new 636, but I was bikeless before my 98 ZX6R. Despite the pros/cons of starting with a sportbike, I hear that I have a decent bike which is pretty comfortable as compared to others in its class.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me ask if anyone knows a little somethin, somethin about bike plastics. I have a 99' zx-6r I just laid it over the other day and I am wondering if I could get the newer body style to fit up with my bike.. if anyone knows holla at me

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just traded in my 00 Yzf600 friday for my zx6rr. Before the Yzf, I had a 95 Katana. Both bikes compared to the 6rr are big time porkers! The YZF was a bit more comfortable, but only because the 6rr is set-up a bit stiff (for now) for the shitty back roads around here. What about you 21 natas, how does your 636 compare to your previous bikes?
Later
Bill

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was riding my buddies 99 CBR900RR. Long story but....he got 2 DWI's back to back so I rode his 900RR for two summers. Then he couldn't afford the insurance and sold it. I was hooked. I wasn't exactly sure I was going to get a 636. I just went to look around the dealership one day before work and ended up riding a new blue 636 to work. To me, the CBR wasn't as comfortable as the 636, but it had much more power and torque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've got a 2000 zx6r, i just raced 636 and he was barely i mean just barely pulling on me, the other rider weighed about 20lbs more... but it was cool anyways. Suprised me about my 6r

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
Zx6rCon said:
don't have the luxury of the new 636, but I was bikeless before my 98 ZX6R.
yea not all 6R's are 636's

2001 6R here

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I rode a 91 Kawasaki 600R and then a 92 F2 before I rode my 96 6R.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2000 ZX-7R.

I have to say in a way, I miss the old 7. It was such a solid bike. I loved the way it looked, too.

On the other hand, the 636 is so much more peppy than the 7. Especially admirable since it has a smaller engine.

The only thing I don't like is it's a little jittery in the turns compared to the 7. Then again, the 7 weighed 448 dry! I could've rolled over a baseball bat in a turn and not noticed. :)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Flapjack said:
Ihen again, the 7 weighed 448 dry! I could've rolled over a baseball bat in a turn and not noticed. :)

hahah that makes me laugh.... I think thats what my 93 gixxer6 weighs about, and i know exactly what you are talking about

·
wera novice 129
18 Posts
i had a 98 zx6E before my new zx6rr race bike, though a few trips through the neighborhood has shown how many light years better this bike is. i love it, and am thinking of picking up some street fairings for the winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts