Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all remember that special bike that started this love for motorcycles, what was yours?

mine - ZX7R :banana

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
XB12R, this one-

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Frist one rode - 96 bandit 600

Owned - 95 ninja 500r

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
743 Posts
Started on Dirt.

RT180 at about 11 years old. It was the neighbors and I hated it. Too tall and I never got enough practice to learn to control it worth a darn. Decided I did not like motorcycles.

Did sport quads for a while. Owned some very fast ones but there were limitations. When I wanted to get a new one I decided I could get a faster bike for far cheaper than building another fast quad.
So then...
I bought a used 2000 KX500. WAAAAYYYY to much bike for a beginner. Its had the head shaved, aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket intake, probably about 70rwhp and 220lbs. Somehow I just got on it and went. Came natural after all the time on sport quads. Luckily the only injuries it gave me were from kick starting it. Lord I wish it had a compression release.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1998 GSXR-600 and I easily scared the #%^& out of myself several times with it. I bought it right after I got out of USMC boot camp and was invincible. I don't really know how but I never did crash that thing.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Suzuki GS500F, still remember the day I went to get it, staring back into the bed of the truck every couple minutes the whole ride home. Bike is still in the family, I love it, still one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
First bike when I was 9yo .. Honda C90 happy shopper with basket on the front that lasted about 5 mins . Did my first jump on that bike with my younger brother on the pillion .. That hurt . First bike I actually bought from the proceeds of many collected golf balls and saturday job was a KX250 when I was 12 .. Way to much bike for a 12yo .. but it was cheap and I bounced well at that age .

·
Registered
5 Posts
1970 Honda QA50. I can't imagine how many hours I spent in the backyard riding my loop track but I remember I didn't have to steer from the groove that was worn in the dirt.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts