Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm sure you've all liked a girl (or guy) before that was attached in some way or another, but tell me if I'm retarded for even bothering in this situation...

Well, I work with this attached girl that is absolutely gorgeous at a biz that my family owns. I usually flirt with her and tease her telling her that I'll take her places one day (implying when she is single basically). She seems to love it of course and all is usually well. However, I was being really nice to her one day giving her really small gifts, etc, but she snubbed me a bit later in the day so the next day I basically snubbed her. I turned my messenger to busy and right when I did that she did the exact same thing, and she never has it set to that. Interesting. So the next day I am too busy with work to even talk to her at all, although I'm not sure she understood the reason.

Next day (day 3) I'm crouched down looking under a table for some RJ-45 keystones and a surge protector, and apparently she walked by me because she messenged me something like 'did you lose your marbles' to which I ask what she was talking about. She asked if that's what I was looking for, and I had to leave before I could reply. So later in the day I tease her and tell her that I was bowing for the beautiful princess like a gentleman and she gets mad at me. I try to recover by telling her how nice her new hairstyle looks and she gets even more mad and says goodbye. Frankly, I think this was her angry reaction for me not paying enough attention to her but what do you think this was about? Normally, she would not be so pissed about such a small thing (compliments at that).

If you're wondering, I have not made any serious passes at her, and her boyfriend really is a worthless piece of shite anyways (the abusive type). What do you think about her actions though? An obvious reaction to me neglecting her, or did I just cross the line, or both? Girls, let me into your secret universe of female common sense, since it's far from common to us neanderthals.

:twofinger

EDIT: I am just realizing that it is quite possible that she overheard my brother joking around about me asking out a girl recently. I didn't actually ask her out on a date, but I just found out that they were talking about it in a manner that would leave one to wonder, right in the office next to her. Shite, now I can't sleep thinking about this. That would explain everything though.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Find a girl that is "UNATTACHED" PLEASE! You are worrying over someone that isn't even single...move on. If she is snubbing you because you don't pay attention enough to her or she heard about you going out with someone else...she needs to step off!

Frankly I don't know why she got mad for you complimenting her..I guess it was one of those things you had to be there for. :confused She sounds bipolar or something...one extreme to the next..who knows??!!

BTW...yes YOU are retarded for dealing with this :twofinger

Stop worrying about something that isn't even there..... :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ummmmmmmmmmmm ok, I have NO idea WHY she would be acting this way. Maybe the little gift you have her was cheap... :twofinger kidding!!

I don't know. All women like compliments and LOVE to be the center of attention, and maybe just maybe, if she did over hear the conversation you were having with your brother, she may of see it as you being a player You hitting on her and asking someone else out.

Wether or not a girl has a BF, we women can take flirting or play flirting seriously. It's gotten me into trouble more then a few times. I'm a natural flirt and I've had men become upset at some of the things I've said. They think that since I was flirting with um, that I wanted more from them. And when I explained I didn't, then they became a little pissy.

I don't know what to tell you about this one. Maybe she's PMSing?!?! :confused: But one thing I'm going to warn your about, girls that stay in abusive relationships, tend to fall right back into them. You may get some where with this girl, but eventually, she'll dump you and go for another asshole. Some where some how we women think that we can change mean guys into soft little puppies. I know from experiance that it dosent work!!

Maybe you can tone down the flirting a little, and see what happends then. But, I wouldn't take what has happend to heart. First of all she does have a bf (dick or not, she has one) so the flirting has to be at a minimal, secondly, she maybe looking for something that her bf isn't giving her and your providing the attention she's craving, and that's a bad thing. Cuz once she's had her fill, she'll find someone else to do the same thing.

Don't let your her run away with your heart, yet.... I'd slow things down, before you get hurt.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, thank you Sixxy and japbike (the SBN's favorite two hotties) for putting it straight. Sometimes you just have to hear it from other people. It really sucks though, she's been by #1 girl of choice for about 3-4 years now but timing seems to always be bad with us. She ends up single when I'm not and vice versa. It kills me because I know we would have atleast gone out at some point otherwise. Ah well, fahggetaboudit, right?

·
Registered
549 Posts
wescoas1 said:
Well, I work with this attached girl that is absolutely gorgeous at a biz that my family owns.
Easy. Tell her that her job is in jeopardy if she doesn't sleep with you. It's the right thing to do.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Rule #1: graduate high school.

sounds like high school drama, with all the little games. grow a set and ask her out :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
From my experiences, don't give girls little gifts unless you are dating them already. Most of the girls I know want to play "the game" and giving them gifts gets you nowhere.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like she is setting you up for a sexual harrassment suit.. Just keep flappin those gums there pretty boy.......

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I have more respect for the abusive boyfriend than the girly wannabe on the cell phone

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
lol, this is getting interesting. I decided to basically leave it alone by the way, not worth the time, effort, or (little) risk. She keeps talking to me but I keep it to a minimum now. So who's the girly wannabe on a cellphone or the pretty boy? I don't know where that came from, I'm not like that at all. Granted people, forget the company pier, it's bad fishin.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Office romances are awesome.. until they end.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
wescoas1 said:
lol, this is getting interesting. I decided to basically leave it alone by the way, not worth the time, effort, or (little) risk. She keeps talking to me but I keep it to a minimum now. So who's the girly wannabe on a cellphone or the pretty boy? I don't know where that came from, I'm not like that at all. Granted people, forget the company pier, it's bad fishin.
those childish games will only get you put into the "gay best friend" category, nancy boy.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
wescoas1 said:

that is your best bet! There are many others out there so go out and have fun!! If things were meant to be between you two in the first place...it would have just happened...so since it isn't...don't give it a 2nd thought :twofinger

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
oscarcolumbo said:
women....cant live with em, can't live with em

:lol thats good, but I always liked the ol' stand by of:

Men, can't live with um, can't kill um... same goes for women...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts