Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont race or do any of that fun stuff. i just like to cruise around on my bike, but i also would like to stay protected and look good at the same time. my last pair of gloves were garbage so im lookin for a nice pair of glove to purchase. i like the styling of these:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/33-ALP-4
but i dont know how much protection they would give me. this post is just basically to get some ideas on what glove i should get

gimme your recommendations !

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Joe Rocket 2.0 Phoenix gloves, a friend I was riding with Saturday had nothing but good things to say about them, so we'll see.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
greekpimpslap said:
i dont race or do any of that fun stuff. i just like to cruise around on my bike, but i also would like to stay protected and look good at the same time. my last pair of gloves were garbage so im lookin for a nice pair of glove to purchase. i like the styling of these:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/33-ALP-4
but i dont know how much protection they would give me. this post is just basically to get some ideas on what glove i should get

gimme your recommendations !
I might wear those Astars mountainbiking, but not on the street.

Good gloves are hard to come by, but I'd look for something with the a proper gauntlet and wrist straps, a double layer in the palm, internal stiching, and some soft impact protection on the fingers, back of hand, wrist, and palm. No studs, no metal, no carbon, no plastic bullshit.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
joe rocket atomics...had good luck so far

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I wouldnt touch those a'stars. alpinestars gloves arent so great unless they are in the gp line and those are $$$. if you can find good gp pro's used I would get those. teknic makes good protective gloves for the money, try the lightnings or violators NOT the chicanes. if you dont like gauntlet style, try the teknic streetfighter or enforcer. the dainese firestarters have a great feel too and the leather is very good quality, protective without bling.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have some JR Supermotos and I must say I really like them, especially since they are all-leather and it gets hot as &^$% here in Texas. Besides, they vent pretty well and that is a must. I also have some Frank Thomas gauntlet-style race gloves made of kangaroo leather and they are really nice, great feel for the controls but those are my fall gloves, too hot to wear in summer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have three pairs:

Icon Patrol Gloves for the early spring / late fall when it's really cold. They have a removeable fleece liner and are great gloves.

Icon Super Duty. I only wear these if I happen to be taking the bike down the street for something quick and not riding more than a couple of kms total. More often than not, my passenger wears them.

FirstGear Trophy Gloves. I ordered these from NewEnough originally on a closeout sale and they are fantastic gloves. Love them. I wear these for all my regular riding. I have no idea how they hold up in a crash, as I haven't crashed <knock on wood> but they are very comfortable and feel quite protective.

·
Registered
78 Posts
another vote for Joe Rocket Pheonix 2.0 gloves...got them from newenough.com after much deliberation and research! I love them, padding in all the right places that doesnt interfere at all with hand/finger movement.

basically if i have a get off, i am going to feel a little safter knowing these hit first. That is all.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I have a set of A* Alloy gloves. I'm in the market for a gauntlet style glove soon. Maybe Held or A*. Not sure yet.

Here's what's on my hands every time the side-stand get's kicked-up:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
raider, I'm jealous of your held gloves. the held galaxy's are the holy grail of bike gloves, the akiras are pretty nice too. too much money for me though.

one note on icon gloves...I can speak for the barriers, they suck. they lasted 6 months before the stitching came apart. not a comment on all icon stuff, but just makes me question the quality of the thread and craftsmanship.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
license2ill said:
I might wear those Astars mountainbiking, but not on the street.

Good gloves are hard to come by, but I'd look for something with the a proper gauntlet and wrist straps, a double layer in the palm, internal stiching, and some soft impact protection on the fingers, back of hand, wrist, and palm. No studs, no metal, no carbon, no plastic bullshit.
+1

GreenZED said:
raider, I'm jealous of your held gloves. the held galaxy's are the holy grail of bike gloves, the akiras are pretty nice too. too much money for me though.
They are overrated IMO. But I wouldn't put a price on your hands if I were you, even the priciest gloves are cheap relatively speaking.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts