Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my contract is going to be up in like a year, thier offering 80k just to sing a new contract, so gimmie something cool to look at.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they pay you lots to be eod or any special forces and they are trying to retain combat vets

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
put it twards the principal on my house, now that would be cool

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Depends on what you like.

My first choice probably would be art. One of my favorite galleries has a pencil sketch by Degas (pic attached) that I could probably get my hands on for $45K (list $65K), and a pastel by LaLoue that lists for $39K; I could probably get both for $80K cash. You'd probably make a different choice.

My second choice would be a Ducati DesmoSedici.

My third choice would be a really nice 1967 Ferrari 330GT 2+2.

PhilB

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
So, my contract is going to be up in like a year, thier offering 80k just to sing a new contract, so gimmie something cool to look at.
You're getting a lump sum payment of $80k for resigning your military contract? Are you sure about that? Typo from an extra zero maybe? Because that just doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, its also tax free, since ill be recieving it in a combat zone....

·
Registered
145 Posts
yea, its also tax free, since ill be recieving it in a combat zone....
And what are the terms of the contract? A 21 yr old in the military does not make much... If you're being offered $80k to sign a contract, I would pay very close attention to the terms. The only thing that makes sense to me would be a lifetime commitment (with shitty pay).

BTW, what branch are you in?

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
I'd get an FZ1 as my DD fun bike, buy 5 classic bikes in meh condition, tons of tools, paint booth, blast booth, and start restoring them :)

That's just me though...

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
lmao you never get a sign on bonus in a lump sum you get a % then you get the rest in your pay every month if they dont fuck you out of it with fine print

but 80k i would put it in the bank and let it build intrest and when you get out you would have atleast a million and i would move to some island nation where you would be god

1 - 20 of 123 Posts