Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I don't own a bike now, but hopefully I'll be getting my first bike soon. I was wondering whats the best of the best and safest gear you can get. Gloves, pants, helemet, suit, boots etc. The cost isn't really an issue, as I'm willing to spend a lot if it means that I'll have a better chance of surviving a crash..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
the gear that keeps you the safest and is the best, is the gear you will actually wear.

A 3,000 dollar set of leathers in the closet doesn't help, if you are on the pavement.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gear that keeps you the safest and is the best, is the gear you will actually wear.

A 3,000 dollar set of leathers in the closet doesn't help, if you are on the pavement.
Trust me, if I'm spending over 3000 $ or under 3000 $ on gear, I'm going to wear it every time I hop on my bike

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
What about your torso, legs, and back? Also do most ppl get a full suit with protective gear underneath or seperate clothing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The most protective thing you can wear is a one piece leather suit with CE approved armor (forcefield makes good armored shirts, pants, back protectors, etc) Alpinestars even makes a suit with an airbag to protect your collarbone if you insist on spending $3 Gs. You'd be better off buying a custom suit from Spartan, Hazardous, or I think Heroic, for just over a thousand bucks.

Most people don't wear one pieces on the street because they can be impractical. They are pretty awkward to walk around in for more than 5 minutes if they fit you properly (they're supposed to be pretty tight). Also, most that I know of don't have rain liners

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
A one piece typically has shoulder, hip, and knee pads built in. Most come with a crappy foam pad for a back protector, but you want to get something better than that.

Basically, I got just about every type of gear out there that I can show you when we meet up.

Full face helmet, leather race gloves, cold/rain gloves, one piece track suit, textile jacket, leather jacket, mesh jacket, Kevlar lined jeans, leather pants, rain gear, race boots, etc.

What size shoe do you wear? I got my old boots that I could give away free. The sole is not doing so well and is pushed in a bit but for free why not?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A one piece typically has shoulder, hip, and knee pads built in. Most come with a crappy foam pad for a back protector, but you want to get something better than that.

Basically, I got just about every type of gear out there that I can show you when we meet up.

Full face helmet, leather race gloves, cold/rain gloves, one piece track suit, textile jacket, leather jacket, mesh jacket, Kevlar lined jeans, leather pants, rain gear, race boots, etc.

What size shoe do you wear? I got my old boots that I could give away free. The sole is not doing so well and is pushed in a bit but for free why not?

That would be great, I've been just loooking at all the gear online so its hard to actually tell how they are, I'm a
10.5 - 11, and are you sure you wouldn't want them?

·
Registered
300 Posts
An electric jacket is the best investment after my helmet. I even rock it during the summer, because it stays dry during the heaviest downpours. Safety is also about being comfortable.

·
Resident Breast Inspector
3,285 Posts
It is hard to say without knowing your build, what you ride, your style, etc. I will say 1 set of gear won't do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts