Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just want to start out by saying no im not no newb i ride a YZF600 and i have my motorcycle license but im giving my bike to my bro inlaw and im looking into getting another bike possibly new but i highly doubt that, anyways i just wanted to get some ideas from some of you guys's to see what bike would be best and what bike would be the best in my insurance payment? since i am only 17 i dont wanna pay to much.

im open to any biek right now im really likeing the 250 and the suzuki 500 but i also like many 600's out there.........so any input would be nice thanks in advance!

ohh and btw i want a bike thats sporty but yet can take on long rides and can also have alittle fun with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a long story my bro inlaw gave me the bike its a 96 YZF and ive had it for a few years and he is gettign into riding again and since he just gave it to me i wanted to give it back to him for his b-day since he really cant afford one right now. and my intent isint really to get a 250 i just think there really cool bikes and i want to kinda start smart and learn everything and ride better. but anyways back to what i asked whats a really good biek for insurance cost? (what pretty much determines the cost?) and a bike that is fun to ride, can go on long rides and have alittle fun with.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
SBF Paul said:
its a long story my bro inlaw gave me the bike its a 96 YZF and ive had it for a few years and he is gettign into riding again and since he just gave it to me i wanted to give it back to him for his b-day since he really cant afford one right now. and my intent isint really to get a 250 i just think there really cool bikes and i want to kinda start smart and learn everything and ride better. but anyways back to what i asked whats a really good biek for insurance cost? (what pretty much determines the cost?) and a bike that is fun to ride, can go on long rides and have alittle fun with.
Well, that makes sense then. I'd say the 250 is your bike then for everything except the long trips maybe (though I've read many people that do them). If you're into long trips the 500 might be a better route. Either one will have dirt cheap insurance rates.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crx81 said:
Well, that makes sense then. I'd say the 250 is your bike then for everything except the long trips maybe (though I've read many people that do them). If you're into long trips the 500 might be a better route. Either one will have dirt cheap insurance rates.
yeh, so the 250 or 500 ok thats cool because thats what i was really looking into...........is there any 600's out there that are really good for what im looking for? i know i loved the YZF when i had it so i might look at some newer one's aswell

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you might look into a sv650

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hope you take it to the track when you start to approach knee draggin speeds around corners on that 250. At those speeds it doesn't take much to send you flying off your bike. Don't be a little street racer it will get you hurt in a hurry.

·
Registered
471 Posts
first you say

SBF Paul said:
Well i just want to start out by saying no im not no newb i ride a YZF600 and i have my motorcycle license
then you say

SBF Paul said:
and my intent isint really to get a 250 i just think there really cool bikes and i want to kinda start smart and learn everything and ride better.
So are you a new rider or not? you mentioned starting small later in your post, but you say you have a 600 now and that are you arent a newb....

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
SBF Paul said:
yeh, so the 250 or 500 ok thats cool because thats what i was really looking into
You say your intent isn't to get a 250, but then you say the above? :confused:

What gives?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no im not a newb just dont ride very good is all im saying yeh i ride but who cant? i wanna learn pretty much the correct way and be good enough to do track days and such, 250 is just a good bike and a dirt cheap insurance biek to me so thats all i really need for now. untill i get older and get a decent job to pay for it all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts