Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i bought my helmet a size too big. But ive already worn it once / twice, and doubt the store will let me exchange it. Do you guys think i should try and sell it and get another with the right size?

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Ask the store. If it's in saleable condition, then it should be OK. Lets hope :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Clean it up make sure it is nice and sparkly, tell them it just doesn't fit and see what they can do. You might be surprised. When people buy online they usually can send it back if it doesn't fit as long as it is within a certain time frame. SO I figure the local store would do the same. Lets hope so.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I think most motorcycle stores have a 30 day policy on lids, at least the ones around here do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If the helmet's been worn and used (such as having bugs on it and such), then the shop has no obligation to take the helmet back. When I was working in a motorcycle shop, it was policy that for a return the item had to be in NEW and unused condition with the orginal packaging.
As for a helmet that's been work while out on the bike...if it has ANY damage, it most likely will not be able to be returned. The buyer should be sure that the helmet he/she purchases fits properly. This is one of the benefits of going to your local shop. They have the experience to help you fit the helmet so that you don't realize it's too big.
Good luck. My suggestion is to sell the helmet and buy the one that fits.
Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts