Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm heading to Houston in a month. What is to do down there for fun?

I'm hopefully gonna hit a gun range. Any good ones to go to?

What else? I want to live it up.

Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
524 Posts
I went to Houston about 4 years ago for a couple of days.

First you will see more gas stations than your eyes will believe. Lots of Malls and strips malls. And Houston has hardly any white people ( I didnt mean anything by that).

I stayed at the Hilton on Westheimer Ave.

Live it up? Ha!! Ha!!

Dude you have to go to Asia and live it up. I have been to many US cities and fuck its hell of boring. Take your ass to Bangkok like I am and live it up.

I will post some pics when I come back.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Go to Galveston about an hour southeast of Houston. I grew up there, depending what you are in to you can go to some beach clubs or have some great seafood, minigolf on the beach, bungee jumping, reverse bungee, rent jetskis, rent horses, whatever you wanna do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Galveston

That's what I am talking about. I guess I am gonna have to definitely rent a car and head down there.

Thanks for the info firefighter81!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
galveston aint all that, especially off season (everybodys back in school)

alot of titty bars everywhere, alot clubs downtown all close together.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Man, if you can't find SOMETHING to do in Houston that is to your liking, then your are just not looking. Now, the problem would be, where to start.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is a big outdoor gun range on the west side of town called American Shooting Center that has trap and skeet as well as pistol and rifle ranges, it's friggin huge. It is probably 45 min. west of downtown. Here's their website:

ASC

·
Registered
151 Posts
1) Eat - Houston is the restaraunt capitol of the US. Try Pappadeaux's Cajon, Fogo de Choa (fo-go-de-chow), Chachos Mexican, or PF Changs.

2)If you bring a Mountain Bike, you can always shoot over to Memorial Park & ride the 16+ miles of trail called Ho Chi Minh & Cambodia.

I must ask.... Are what race are you? If you're black, Harlem Knights is the spot as far as "titi bars" go (BYOB :leghump ).
I'm not sure about the best overall club though. The club scene is pretty much downtown.
Westheimer through the Galleria area (Uptown) is pretty nice. That's were the large police crack down on import racing took place. Lot's of bikes/imports & such just driving around.

Gallveston is OK, but I'm originally from LA, so don't ask me about beaches.

We also have The Houston Texans, Astros & Astroworld (Six flags park).

Check the radio stations, they always have good party info. 97.9 & 104.9 play hip-hop, 104.1 KRBE is Houston's #1 Top ten radio station, & of course, there are a LOT of country stations to choose from.

BTW - the person who said there are not a lot of white people here, WRONG!!!!!!

·
ninja shadow warrior
242 Posts
narrow it down to what you like? what are your interests? eateries, sports, dance clubs, strip joints, live music venues, arts, museums, sporting activities, galleries, educational interest. as someone said before, if you can't find it here... :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts