Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
Im not really a very new rider but still consider myself new.
so here is my story last year i started on a cbr 125 and this year i bought a cbr 250 shared price with a friend who wanted the bike but couldnt pay it all alone. rode it for 4 months now had financial problems and friend wants money so i sold the cbr 250 and made some money off it. Now im in the market looking for a cheaper bike that i can keep for a long time
I honestly like the suzuki gs500f and waiting for a good deal but still nothing. I found a good deal on a hyosung 250gt comet the naked bike not sure if i should wait to find a gs within my budget or just go for the comet. Im also worried about both bikes starting up since i only owned honda bikes so far

please advice me on what to do or what to buy also open for other bikes but not big cc so i can enjoy and not freak out even though on a 250 i was speeding sometimes but not over 120

thank you

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
a deal on a 500 will come up. they always do eventually. someone wants to get rid of it.

be patient.

Reactions: ride with pride

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
You didn't say how many km you've ridden but still, a 500 shouldn't be too much. It will be different but you will adapt, it just takes a little time. I'd bet the 250 wasn't too much of a change from the 125.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
they are a highly recommended beginner bike.

You oughtta be perfectly fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the cbr250 i did over 2000 kms and on the cbr 125 i bought it at 4000kms and also added around 1500-2000 kms. the cbr 250 was huge difference from the 125 in weight and speed for sure.
Im hoping the 500 wont be too powerful and is forgiving. I have some experience but still want to be safe and move up slowly.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
The 500 class of machines went relatively unchanged for decades. they are dead nuts reliable.

the carb setups they use are also some of the best around. fuel delivery on throttle can be smoother than some fuel injected bikes. Not kidding.

why the 500 class machines were not updated is beyond me.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
for the record, I really fucking hate hindle exhausts.

dunno if it's just me, or if they are that el cheapo.
scrapes on a 500 I wouldn't worry about. it's someone else's first bike, it's been dumped. whatever.

I'd say no more than 2 grand, myself. but I am a cheap bastage not unwilling to wait months for a price I want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts