Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 bikes, a 2001 gsxr-600 and a '05 gsxr 750. I currently am running michelin pilot powers on my 600 as I ride that at the track often and ride it hard on the street. I am almost ready to get a new rear for the 750 and just wondering what everyone is running. I know the pilot powers don't last very long, and I probably will be riding my 750 hard, but not at the track and commuting with it from time to time. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about trying the pilot sports or the Metz MZ6. I love the twisties, but would like to get a little more than 5k on a tire. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Z6 and Diablo Strada are the newest sport touring tires, so I guess those would be your best bet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else? I would really like everyone's input. I'm open to anything, I know the pilot powers are awesome, but am just looking to get a bit more mileage out of a tire.

·
Registered
801 Posts
748S - Michelin Pilot Powers
SV650 - Bridgstone BT014

GSX-R750 and R6 - Bridgestone BT002

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I recently switched to Pirelli Diablos on my 10R and I'm very happy with them. I'm so happy with them that I think I'm going to be putting a set onto my RC51 too.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have pilot powers on my R6 best tires I have ever ridden on !

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
On my Kano-tun-a I am running Dunlop 205 on the rear and 208 on the front.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
wangsta said:
Had Diablo Corsas.. went to Pilot Powers .. Powers are the better of the two.
Maybe I put a pair on the RC and then I can compare the two.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
MZ 6 here

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Z6's for myself, I use to run Z6's on my gsxr750 and would get around 8k out of them and they worked fine in the twisties.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Pirelli Diablos for trackdays and lots of commuting. Great mileage and they stick decent at the track.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Dunlop 208's here...

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Still on the Dunlop Sportmax 218's that came with the R1. 2300 miles so far.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you're going to the track I'd advise staying with the Pilot Powers, you can't have cake and eat it too. Aggressive riding gets expensive, but if your going to do it might as well do it right. :beer

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think I'm going to go to the track with my 750 as I use my 600 for that, but I do ride aggressively, and pilot powers are extremely awesome, just looking to save a few bucks, but it may not be worth it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts