Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EET FUK
2,335 Posts
yeah oil contamination from either anti freeze or water, check your coolant level to see if its missing any, you dont want that in your motor trust me. if its just in the top of the cap and the oil is clean, clean to goop off and see if it comes back.

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
its' from riding in cold weather. the motor gets condinsation in it . the way to beat that is not to ride less than 20 min. at a time

·
Registered
86 Posts
its' from riding in cold weather. the motor gets condinsation in it . the way to beat that is not to ride less than 20 min. at a time
+1.
Short trips will do it every time. Look at your sight glass it will probably be on that as well. I have that problem since I work very near home. I purposely have to fart around and take longer ways to work and it really bites....NOT.

V

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow guys you are absolutely correct!!! Guess im gonna have to just winterize the beast, and wait till warmer weather.

Thaks for all the feedback!!!

-Alex

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Wow guys you are absolutely correct!!! Guess im gonna have to just winterize the beast, and wait till warmer weather.

Thaks for all the feedback!!!

-Alex
No, just ride it more :banana

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Synergy heated gear by Tourmaster is awesome. I have the vest with collar and it makes for nice warm rides regardless of the temps. I wear TM Caliber pants, which are pretty windproof and snowmobile gloves lined with Thinsulate.

That said, if I lived in an area that sanded, or put ice melt on the roads regularly during the winter. I wouldn't be too keen on riding either. Our summers may be lousy, but we can pretty much ride year around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts