Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its like, racerx and fire fighter use to own this board and every one was like yes master. Now its a fucking uprising. Just wandering what the hell set off the spark. was it all the sudden, or where you all like me and it just gradually got old?

by the way i'm sorry for making fun of indian lary

can i have my good carma back now? :a2

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
...........................Nevermind,most of ya are to young to understand anyway.

·
Registered
569 Posts
alaska cajun said:
...........................Nevermind,most of ya are to young to understand anyway.
I don't know what you said, but I don't think youth has anything to do with it. CEH is how old? ...he doesn't seem to have anything stuck in his ass.

Yes, I used to listen to Racer X like he was a preacher... and while I still strongly promote responsible motorcycling, I try to not be a nazi about it. We're all adults, there's no reason to patronize anybody like that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.................. what ever the age thing is for.

yes i too use to listen to racerx but i have gotten more" wize "about what i think is the right way to ride,the right bike to ride and so on. so like every body says ride what you ride.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!! Can't we all just get along???? Of course this seems to be a regular thing on here. Go for a few months without any serious flames then a few days of straight flaming threads. It's only going to get worse once the riding season is over for most people.

OH JOY!!!!!! :twofinger

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
BuStEdAsS996 said:
its like, racerx and fire fighter use to own this board and every one was like yes master. Now its a fucking uprising. Just wandering what the hell set off the spark. was it all the sudden, or where you all like me and it just gradually got old?

by the way i'm sorry for making fun of indian lary

can i have my good carma back now? :a2
I actually do ride my motorcycle most of the time, so I don't spend a great deal of time on this board (and maybe that's a good thing), so I couldn't tell you if RacerX and Firefighter81 used to "own this board" or not....I'll take your word for it.

From what I've read, maybe RacerX and Firefighter's message delivery on what type of bikes are best as starters set off the spark. It's one thing to offer advice, quite another to demean someone if they choose not to follow that advice. There's also the perception that both individuals are using their MSF status to further their own agendas. Eventually, people got tired of the "holier than thou" attitude and began to voice their frustrations, IMO.

I think what's happening on this board is the influx of "new blood" and that brings new ideas about motorcycles. Unfortunately, RacerX and Firefighter seem to be inflexible on some topics and those beliefs bring them into direct conflict with some of the new ideas/methods being brought up.

Who knows....maybe it will die down eventually; folks will realize they CAN choose NOT to follow RacerX and Firefighter's advice; and RacerX and Firefighter will realize that not everyone's going to follow their advice, and not to take it personally.

Just my buck fitty....

...and yes, you can have your karma back....

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'n no nazi, but I do agree with most of the things RacerX says.

If you don't agree with it...just don't do it. If it gets too annoying, there's an ignore feature.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Rascus said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!! Can't we all just get along???? Of course this seems to be a regular thing on here. Go for a few months without any serious flames then a few days of straight flaming threads. It's only going to get worse once the riding season is over for most people.

OH JOY!!!!!! :twofinger
That's the way every message board is... it's as natural as it gets on the internet. Give it a day or two, things will blow over and everything will be back to normal. Hopefully without any knee-jerk reactions from the moderators and admin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and your change is .02

i understand now thanks

later

·
Registered
569 Posts
stephygee said:
From what I've read, maybe RacerX and Firefighter's message delivery on what type of bikes are best as starters set off the spark. It's one thing to offer advice, quite another to demean someone if they choose not to follow that advice. There's also the perception that both individuals are using their MSF status to further their own agendas. Eventually, people got tired of the "holier than thou" attitude and began to voice their frustrations, IMO.
Actually, what happened today was that I got tired of Racer X's shit and exploded at him... at about that point lines were drawn and other people joined in on the fun.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
OMG..can we stop with these threads please??????? STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Age has everything to do with it.

There was a huge surge of young punks that came on this board this summer with know it all atitudes that bought way more bike than they needed for a first bike.

RacerX and Firefighter said so and the know it all gets mad about it and does the young punk thing(Rebel with out a cause).

This is where all the hatred towards them is coming from.All there trying to do is to open some eyes before someone else dies.

Point being

Most are to young to understand this and won't untill they're in there 30's.All they will have to bring to the table is a smartass reply because they know it all.

WE ARE NOT ALL ADULTS HERE.Some may think so but just because one is old enough to vote,it does not mean that they have it figured out.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Open forum.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Mykl said:
That's the way every message board is... it's as natural as it gets on the internet. Give it a day or two, things will blow over and everything will be back to normal. Hopefully without any knee-jerk reactions from the moderators and admin.

Well not every board..maybe a majority but of the 5 or 6 forums i visit this is the only one that constantly has this bickering. It's a natural progression for this site. I'll probably do what I did before..leave the site for a few months, let it all calm down then come back. Or not... :twofinger

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
^ That's about how much I care about all this petty ass internet arguing horseshit.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
adamf2 said:
I've got balls the size of canteloupes.
Prove it, prove it!! :leghump :lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Age has everything to do with it.

There was a huge surge of young punks that came on this board this summer with know it all atitudes that bought way more bike than they needed for a first bike.

RacerX and Firefighter said so and the know it all gets mad about it and does the young punk thing(Rebel with out a cause).

This is where all the hatred towards them is coming from.All there trying to do is to open some eyes before someone else dies.

Point being

Most are to young to understand this and won't untill they're in there 30's.All they will have to bring to the table is a smartass reply because they know it all.

WE ARE NOT ALL ADULTS HERE.Some may think so but just because one is old enough to vote,it does not mean that they have it figured out.
I don't think age has anything to do with it, and I'm not saying that because I'm relatively young. How old is Firefighter? How old is CEH? How old am I?

Their attitudes should have been directed only towards those "young punks" or perhaps not even shown to anybody at all. Their attitudes spilled over to some of the more respectable and knowledgeable members of the board and it's getting really old.

No matter how well intentioned they are, the condescending tone, particularly Racer X's, has got to stop. You, nor I, am in the position to determin whether or not somebody who is 18 or older is a responsible adult when we're communicating through an internet message board. Even if they aren't, do you think that by telling them that they're young and wrong is actually going to get your point across?

My hatred comes from seeing one too many possibly well intentioned, but ignorant newer riders come to this board only to get flamed an insulted for no good reason simply because it is their understanding that they should start with a 600 or greater. I get tired of either of them telling people that they can't be as good as them because they aren't an uber track star. I get tired of either of them spouting their bullshit opinion on what makes for a good rider, and that somehow if they don't do what they do they're somehow not as good.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
been her for 4 yrs........aint going anywhere........unlike all the complainers........

too bad i REALLY have to work today......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.