Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what temperature everybodys bike is on average. At full temp its about 220 in a traffic and maybe 210 after it cools a little. thanks

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
220somethign in traffic. a lot of times in traffic ill shut it off at long lights, or when im on a downhill(and coast) to let it cool and to give my balls a break. a sweaty crotch sucks! :mad: highway its like 180 on a hot day.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
what kinda coolant you running...
i run water wetter and it seems to help my bike run a lil cooler.....
i still will get up to 220-224 in heavy stop and go traffic but running thru the twisties it'll stay around 190 even her in AZ where it's a 100+

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure about the coolant bought the bike used 2 weeks ago, but i should try that stuff... only gets to like 220 after sitting in traffic though

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
if it ain't broke don't fix it - went to water wetter for track days....
pretty sure all bikes heat up to at least 220 after sitting in traffic.....

·
Registered
544 Posts
My F4i gets up to 228-230 deg in traffic or stopped at a light on hot days. The fans come on around 225 but the temp usually keeps rising a little before falling back to 210. On the highway or continued riding, the temps are around 180-190.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i run mine at 280 on a cold day

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
my bike tends to run around 180 except when I get stuck in traffic then it will go up to 220 before the fan comes on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most bikes have the fan switch kick in at 225 so it is unlikely to go over unless your fan stops working. Usually 180-190 on the open road, 200s in traffic is normal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts