Sport Bikes banner

What Size Bike??

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what size everyone's first STREET bike was. Don't count any dirtbike that you might've taken on the street when you were 14 or something. I'm talking your first real street motorcycle that you regularly rode on the street.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
First two bikes were used 750's, third was a new 750, current a 600.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
'87 YX-600.

I'd own that one again. Great bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First bike was a 84 gs500 but owned it for a total of 3 months and rode it about 3 times since it was a pile of crap so traded it for 89 yx 600

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
'87 YX-600.

I'd own that one again. Great bike.
My second bike was an 86 YX-600.

I second the idea that I'd own one again. It was a really awesome bike. Good power, good handling, comfortable.

The only reason I sold mine was that it was beginning to nickel and dime me. It seemed like every week some other minor problem was popping up, and I got tired of fixing things...sometimes I wish I still had it around.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
The only reason I sold mine was that it was beginning to nickel and dime me. It seemed like every week some other minor problem was popping up, and I got tired of fixing things...sometimes I wish I still had it around.
There is an '88 that sits in the window of a tavern down in Ballard. I stop and wish I had it every time I walk by.

Mine was blue. I thought it was faster than the red ones. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
My first bike was a 94 900 RR that was spotless not a scratch on it. I had it for a month loved riding it, put just over 1000 miles on it and sold it for 1200 more then I bought it for. I loved that bike, wish I still had it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My second bike was an 86 YX-600.

I second the idea that I'd own one again. It was a really awesome bike. Good power, good handling, comfortable.

love my 89 but it need some work....sorta started to fall on it's face. This winter it's new clutch, new chain and sprockets, need to find the source of an oil leak so i can quit callin it my lil harley, and possibly new tires

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ltd 1100

1 - 20 of 59 Posts