Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know any good websites that allow you to upload videos without them compressing them? Are there any good sites that still allow for a decent quality video.

I got a gopro video camera in the mail today and am going to some trial runs with it tomm.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Break is decent, Bikerpunks is alright too. But anything is better than youtube.

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
megavideo ?

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
Youtube as a high quality option when viewing videos now. Improves the video quality GREATLY, unless the quality of the original flat out sucked.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
in order for your video to be offered in HQ on youtube it has to be less than 1024mb and under 10 min.

if your video is under both you can veiw it in HQ. (this is the limits for my account) I don't know if they offer more. I've never looked into it.

google will let you upload any size video but it's always pretty shitty.

also how you compress it with your video editing software plays a role also. I use windows movie maker 6 (only available in vista)and they come out pretty decent.
YouTube - one lap

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Well this is what youtube did to my video I shot this mornin..I suppose its not terrible but it still sucks...YouTube - gopro cam first video

And I dont even know what the fucks up with the sound... Camera is makin wierd popin noises.
Check it out here: Hi-Quality. The higher quality looks better IMO. All you need to do is add &fmt=18 to the end of any youtube video and you'll be viewing it in high quality (if the video has a high quality that is ...)

:beer

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also how you compress it with your video editing software plays a role also. I use windows movie maker 6 (only available in vista)and they come out pretty decent.
YouTube - one lap
I am a newbie at this movie stuff. But all I did was loaded it off the camera and then loaded all 50 or 60 mb of it onto youtube. Did I compress it?

If I were to compress it through windows movie maker, the only benifit is to make the upload smaller?

All you need to do is add &fmt=18 to the end of any youtube video and you'll be viewing it in high quality

:beer
Thanks alot!...now just gotta solve the beeping :)

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I am a newbie at this movie stuff. But all I did was loaded it off the camera and then loaded all 50 or 60 mb of it onto youtube. Did I compress it?

If I were to compress it through windows movie maker, the only benifit is to make the upload smaller?

Thanks alot!...now just gotta solve the beeping :)
yes. for one, you don't need it to play in a full screen. making it smaller so it just fits in that small screen it will still be in good quality. it will also allow for a faster upload etc. and you can cut it back to fit it into the limits if you desire or add music etc.

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
Serpent, what camera setup are you using?

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
it's just a JVC MiniDV camcorder and a tank mount.
not the greatest to film with at a track. It prevents me from being able to tuck behind the windscreen.
it's just for the fun of it

·
Registered
11,370 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had an account so it was easy. And I wasnt going for picture quality. I put it up real quick because I was asking about sound problems on another forum.

I also put my 2nd video up there last night around 1. This morning I created an account and tried to put it on megavideo as a comparison. The mega one hasnt uploaded properly yet so im attempting to upload it again.

Ill try the others when I get around to it. :dblthumb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts