Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be obsessed with sailing; my boat was my mistress. My wife and I got married on my boat. I used to have ambitions of someday doing a transatlantic passage or even sailing around the world. That was before I got into motorcycles. Now I'm selling the boat. I feel kinda bad about it, and I'm gonna miss it, but I just don't have the time, interest, or extra $$$ for it anymore.

I also have a basement full of woodworking equipment that's just sitting down there, rusting. At least there's winter - so they do get SOME use.

So, who else has forsaken other passions for riding?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I have gave up on freestyle on my BMX and skate boarding. To many broken bones after a while you just stop healing right.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i used to be really into mountain biking. i live in one of the best places in Indiana for it. I have a new ('01?) cannondale in my garage. It is a super sweet bike, and it just sits there...i never ride it.

the motorcycle is just so much more fun.

as a matter of fact, there are many things about the motorcycle that remind me of mountain biking. balance and picking lines are the top two. another aspect is, 'commit or bail'. on a motorcycle you always commit. on a mountain bike you have the option to bail if you don't like the circumstances.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I used to be heavy into knitting, crochet, and scrapbooking, but I gave it all up to spend more time riding. :dblthumb

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Man I use to be into so much shit. Now I'm a lazy fat [email protected] I do tend to play video games from time to time which just about every night. I just bought a new Savage 25 so I've been bashing on my street. I use to be into modeling building but then I got bored of that also.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Playing pool...it got killed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to be into modifying/showing my car.. It used to do pretty good too, usually took first in its class and I even got a best of show with it once :) But the more I did with my bike the less I used my car.. Then for the past two years it just sat in the garage covered up, so this spring I sold it and my S10 to get a full size truck so I'd have something to pull a trailer with my bike in it down to the track :banana

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I was really into caving when I lived in Pa. When I moved to Fla. 3 years ago, I was never able to get into it down here (because of work schedule). I missed doing it and the thrill / fear that would sometimes be associated with it. Then I got my first bike... no more missing that thrill! :lol

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
My car languishes, my homebrewed beer has all gone flat. Most of my guns never see the outside of the safe.
My dogs don't even know me anymore. Any women I knew all got jealous and left...

Who cares! More time for riding now.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Riding on hot afternoons has start to cut into my chronic masturbation habit.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Golf. I was losing time on my bike to my mountain bike. It's alot more fun to crash a moutain bike rather than a motorcycle.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
basketball, mountain biking

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
let's see...i've had more hobbies than i know what to do with. most of them i gave up for other reasons, but a few of them that i still do are limited because any few spare hours i have are spent cruisin.

-well, i've got a SCUBA certification and i haven't dove since i got it
-i used to shoot high power service rifle; stopped that in college...no time to do it
-i still shoot a little cowboy action, but the matches are on sunday, and they're 45 mins away at my gun club...i get in like two matches a year
-i still hunt plenty in the winter
-i hardly fish anymore
-i used to do scale plastic military models; i still have tons of them lying around waiting to be built...i will get to them eventually
-i played sports in high school...i'd rather be out riding
-i used to workout...been lazy....i'd rather be out riding
-i liked going camping....until i joined the marines
-i do civil war reenacting....it can get expensive; but the partying in actually pretty decent!

well, i think that's about it. i'm sure there are other hobbies that i'm forgeting, but they must not be that cool if i can't remember them!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, I suffer from RHS - rotating hobby syndrome.
Guitar, bass guitar, mountain biking, hockey ...

The pattern goes like this (as my wife recited to the marriage counselor :) )
The bug
Then the magazines
Then I try it
Then the gear (it's not a real man's hobby if you don't have to buy gear)
Then I mess around with it

Then the bug ...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
gave up rugby and softball

1 - 20 of 33 Posts