Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I got those Sony headphones I have been taking my MP3 player along more when I go out, and I figured out what not to listen to while riding

Korn
Limp Bizkit
Disturbed
Linkin Park

Those bands make you ride way too fast! And encourage you to do stupid things while riding :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
those are my bands......well now I know that my total of 4 speeding tickets are from the affects of that....lucky 1 still on my insurance

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Heehehehe I agree - add 311, atreyu, rage, the mistreaters, etc...to that list

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah I've been only putting nice gentle music on the MP3 player- enough problems as it is without getting the adrenaline flowing

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not to flame, but...Why are you listening to anything?! :eek: Listening to music, or anything other than what is outside your helmet is a distraction and takes your focus from the task at hand (riding).

That is all... *my 0.02*

·
Registered
324 Posts
When you are on long trips it is nice to listen to something but in and around town there are lots of things to watch out for. Now it depends on the person also, some can handle distractions better than others. I say leave it up to the operator to decide.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
During interstate riding, music is nice. Just riding around town, it can be a hazard. I tried to listen while riding some twisties, but it killed my concentration. I had to pull over and pull the earplugs out.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
When my chain broke and especially when my kickstand safety switch fell off at 75 mph if I wouldn't of been able to hear what was going on with the bike I probably would of got hurt. I don't have a problem with people listening to music but I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
RC51 said:
After I got those Sony headphones I have been taking my MP3 player along more when I go out, and I figured out what not to listen to while riding

Korn
Limp Bizkit
Disturbed
Linkin Park

Those bands make you ride way too fast! And encourage you to do stupid things while riding :D
ADD TOOL and SOD to that list and I'm breaking 120s all day :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Baldman said:
Not to flame, but...Why are you listening to anything?! :eek: Listening to music, or anything other than what is outside your helmet is a distraction and takes your focus from the task at hand (riding).

That is all... *my 0.02*

Agreed...there's way too much stuff goin on to be listening to music while riding...althought I've thought about it, I won't cuz my senses need to be 100% focused on riding & what's goin on around me...BTW Baldman, LOVE your avatar !!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I don't see it as any different from listening to loud music in a car. I always need to wear earplugs while I ride since my helmet is so loud, so I can't hear all that much as it is. If I had some nice electronic music playing it would feel like I was in a video game! :2devil It would be a blast to listen to stuff while on a track too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I only do it for interstate riding- all I hear is wind noise anyway so might as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, an old GF of mine used to ban me from listening to this band named :Wumpscut:, because I my driving capacity shrunk while my lead foot increased.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good ol' Kenny Loggins (not footloose) makes my Lumina feel like an indy car for some reason lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
freeky929 said:
During interstate riding, music is nice. Just riding around town, it can be a hazard. I tried to listen while riding some twisties, but it killed my concentration. I had to pull over and pull the earplugs out.
I agree...in the city its a distraction but if you are traveling via highway or freeway when you arent eyeing down every freekin intersection for some dumbass about to run the red, its ok in my eyes

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rogue6 said:
I don't see it as any different from listening to loud music in a car.
Do think that riding a bike is about as difficult as driving a car?

Your margin for error on a bike is much smaller than driving a car. In addition, cars don't seem to see motorcycles as well as cars.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Baldman said:

That is all... *my 0.02*
seriously..some of us can chew gum and walk...so that means we can listen to music AND be attentive...I do it everyday :leghump

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I suppose a bike is tougher to ride compared to doing the speed limit in a car, but I tend to drive my car like I do my bike, which is quite a bit faster. To me, the level of concentration needed is about the same when flying down a freeway. I guess I just feel pretty comfortable on a bike. In the great words of Sammy Hager... "I can't drive 55!!!"

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rogue6 said:
I suppose a bike is tougher to ride compared to doing the speed limit in a car, but I tend to drive my car like I do my bike, which is quite a bit faster. To me, the level of concentration needed is about the same when flying down a freeway. I guess I just feel pretty comfortable on a bike. In the great words of Sammy Hager... "I can't drive 55!!!"
Actually, it's tougher to ride a bike than a car at any speed. If you're flying down the freeway going 75 mph in your bike, it'll feel a lot different than driving 75 mph in your car because your not exposed to the wind.

Besides, if you take a curve with some gravel/oil on a bike, the result will be different than in a car.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
sjlee said:
Actually, it's tougher to ride a bike than a car at any speed. If you're flying down the freeway going 75 mph in your bike, it'll feel a lot different than driving 75 mph in your car because your not exposed to the wind.

Besides, if you take a curve with some gravel/oil on a bike, the result will be different than in a car.

To each their own.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts