Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know how everyone felt on the old vs. the new?:cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
v max

my bud has a 09 v max, it is everything you thought and more. it plain is the fastest cruiser ever made, not even close. now a concorse or fj 1300 are ok but they are not cruisers. my bud also has a B KING and we did some side by side roll on racer and from 35 mph [ when the v max finally hooks up ] the v max pulls away from the b king no matter what what gear you race from. on the dyno it put out over 170 RWHP stock. some folks here might not think it is true i have not stake in which bike is faster. in fact i would call myself a suzuki fan. i have owned more suzuki bikes in my life that any other brand. i love riding the b king it is a wonderful bike, does everything great. but the V MAX always draws a pack of admirers. in fact the other day a CHP cop on a bike pulled up to the v max and gave thumbs up. i doubt that only the best 9 sec sport bikes out their could beat the v max.

·
Registered
333 Posts
:bowdown I just recently rode a 2001 Vmax. WOW. Doing a rolling burnout is sick. I'd love to own one but I'd have to keep a few rear tires on hand...

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
Harley WannaB...........

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Harley WannaB...........
yeah it's been a wanna b since 1984, "right" :lao

"V-max had its first debut at the US dealer meeting at Las Vegas in October 1984. The bike was targeted for the 1985 season, to be sold in US first. Its key word was as simple as effective: American Hotrod. Its sensational appearance was very different from other typical American models at that time. So the bike became the highlight of the dealer show."

With 145 HP and a V4 1200 cc engine, the machine had the potential for the most powerful acceleration ever seen before on a road legal production machine. Soon after the US introduction also European journalists and customers pushed for introduction of V-max.

I need to get one :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah it's been a wanna b since 1984, "right" :lao

"V-max had its first debut at the US dealer meeting at Las Vegas in October 1984. The bike was targeted for the 1985 season, to be sold in US first. Its key word was as simple as effective: American Hotrod. Its sensational appearance was very different from other typical American models at that time. So the bike became the highlight of the dealer show."

With 145 HP and a V4 1200 cc engine, the machine had the potential for the most powerful acceleration ever seen before on a road legal production machine. Soon after the US introduction also European journalists and customers pushed for introduction of V-max.

I need to get one :cheers
You said it brother!!!

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
Here's the wifes 99. I've scared myself on this bike. Bit of an old pic. It's had some stuff done to it since. I really like this pic of it.

I really like the new ones. I like that mechanical look of it.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
Ah! Found an updated pic.

She found the mirrors from some place in Japan for like $25. You can see that a few other little things have been done to it. Progressive shocks front and back, Venture differential mod, custom matching 190 rear rim, lowered a couple of inches (yes I can very easily drag hard parts if I'm not careful), Carbs jetted.

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
Stick two Ducati's OR Harley's together and you get a V-Max........ :neener

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ah! Found an updated pic.

She found the mirrors from some place in Japan for like $25. You can see that a few other little things have been done to it. Progressive shocks front and back, Venture differential mod, custom matching 190 rear rim, lowered a couple of inches (yes I can very easily drag hard parts if I'm not careful), Carbs jetted.
Very nice Vmax!!!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Too ugly.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts