·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what no one wants to talk about the King of Kings. the 1000rr

·
Registered
32 Posts
haven't bought one yet but plan on it in the near future. Is this bike all that it's supposed to be, my guess is that it is. Have you had any problems with yours? Post a pic so I can get my daily fix!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bike is everything they say. smooth is the keyword. handles like its on rails. stops great. the bridgestone bt014s are teh best tires ive ran. they stick no matter what. i get no spin out of bends with the bike. bike very seldone comes up, just plants itself...do i need ot go on? on it does have ticking noise..which honda states its normal and 4 out fo 10 have speeo issues but htey get recalled and fixed

these pics are with 15 miles on it. i stopped by my buddies house on my way home from the dealership

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since then i tinted the factory windscreen, ordered a Two Bros pipe, and i got some turnsignals i want to add to it. something custom since i didnt feel liek paying 115 for the others or 190 for ht intergator kit. so im goingto try something out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quik, the bike looks great, did yours need to have the speedo corrected? Also can you explain the nature of the ticking noise.

again, great bike, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I love 'em. The only thing I don't like is the grey plastic bellypan on the red/black version. Would have looked better as all red, or all black, or if they continued the red/blk scheme down it.

I'm considering one as my next bike, maybe at the end of next summer if the used market drops the price a little.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel the same way about the grey plastic below the red. I like the red and will probably go that route when I upgrade to a new bike. I guess I could always paint the lower fairing to match the top of the bike.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alot of ppl just paint the lower on the red/black. looks sharp when they have hte right matching red. also when they do the hugger

my ticking noise sounds liek hte lifters at low rpms but they say nothing is wrong

my speedo was actually a good one, but teh dealership repalced it anyways and didnt recalibrate it so my mileage is actually off by six20. so whatever it reads add that much more ot it. the dealer said they woudl calibrate it but it would cost me

·
Registered
605 Posts
Those are really good lookin bikes :dblthumb ...I'll have to look into the 1000rr. Doesnt look quite as nice as the zx10r tho :headbang

·
Registered
522 Posts
I love those silver/black CBR1kRRs :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's mine. So far no mods except for the flushmounts. Waiting on my Laser X-Treme exhaust to get here. Got some other things planned, but they will have to wait until the end of riding season. This bike is just TOO fun

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw a CBr 1K make 168 Rwhp this weekend. Pretty good for being last in all the mags for HP. None of the zx-10's or New R1 were even over 155 (stock). The only mods to the CBR 1K were a Power commander and a Micron Serpent full system. :leghump

1 - 16 of 16 Posts