Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of tape do you guys use on the headlights and other stuff that needs to be taped for a trackday?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Brassballs1979 said:
I ahve seen people use duct tape or even masking tape. I would make sure you unplug your lights so that the shit doesnt meltto them.

Good advice, I did not think of that, Thanks, I had even seen one
(Track Employee) running the track with clear packing tape. But I doubt he is held by the same rules.

·
Registered
39 Posts
supersport929 said:
Good advice, I did not think of that, Thanks, I had even seen one
(Track Employee) running the track with clear packing tape. But I doubt he is held by the same rules.
Some groups that put on track days just want the tape on the glass (if the light is unplugged) to keep the glass from breaking all over the track in the event of a crash :dblthumb

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
I wonder if the whole taping up your lights is just a old school rule? Back in the day lights were made out of glass, nowadays are made out of polycarbonate which doesn't shatter to small sharp lieces like glass. I used painter's tape and unplug the headlight fuse.

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
TTsixxer said:
I wonder if the whole taping up your lights is just a old school rule? Back in the day lights were made out of glass, nowadays are made out of polycarbonate which doesn't shatter to small sharp lieces like glass. I used painter's tape and unplug the headlight fuse.
Just like any other plastic, a piece of it in the middle of a track can cause some ugliness if hit at any speed. The chances are less, but still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts