Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is, I don't know enough about them to know exactly which on would be a good beginner bike. I am thinking about Honda Shine, is it good bike for beginners ?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
250s and 500s are most often recommended here as beginner bikes. However, in the States 125cc street bikes are almost unheard of. Other places, such as India, they are quite common. I've never heard of that particular model, but that's because they're not available here. However, it's a Honda, it's light weight (266lbs curb weight is awesomely light!), and low power. Sounds good to me.

According to Google, this bike would cost about $900 USD, which would be extraordinarily inexpensive here. However, I'm not too sure how cheap/expensive that would be in your neck of the woods. If it is really inexpensive there as well, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to just buy new, as you can't lose too much money on it. However, it's still almost always a good idea to buy your first bike used since there is a high chance of you dropping your first bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts