Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of horse power are you guys getting at the wheel? This is a curiousity thing more then anything. I had mine put on the dyno this weekend. I am getting 93hp out of it at the wheel.

Config: K&N air filter, K&N jet stage 1 jet kit, Stock headers and pipe.

The only reason I had it run was to get the gas sampling out of it. I Just put the stock headers and pipe back on and figured I would be running rich. Wanted to see how bad it really was. Shop recomened me putting the D&D headers and pipe back on or doing a rejet since it was running super rich. Plan to put the D&D back on till I figure out what I want on it.

So I was just curious how this compairs to other R6's?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My last dyno run was done after a complete re-jet and tune, with a jardine rt-one slip on. I was putting 102 hp down at the wheel. Since then I have replaced the jardine with a Blue Flame so I'm not positive what I'm producing now. I do know that the motor seems to build power easier and in a more linear fashion.

As for your number, I would be the K&N air filter is actually taking a couple hp away from you. They've been dyno proven to slightly reduce power on the first gen R6's. Just an FYI. Everything I've studied has said the stock air filter is the best for the 1st gen R6's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I may have to check that out. How did you like the jardine pipe? I found one for $140 that I was looking to put on the D&D headers and mid pipe. Figured for the price I can't go wrong. However, your imput may prove me wrong on that.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I liked it, it seemed to perform well. I don't know if it was mine, or if they're all similar, but I just didn't like how loud it was. After I removed it, my friend put it on his 00, and following him I realized just how unbelieveably loud it really was. A local rider has one on his 600RR and it's the same way. If you like loud, then I say there's nothing wrong with it. It had a decently deep sound to it, and I liked how the bike ran. A dyno tune really helped with the stumble around 5500-6000 rpm. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong, but just understand it's one of the louder pipes.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well I was trying to get a quieter system. The D&D was to loud for me, and from what I understand the Jardine is quiter. So I need some thing quiter yet then. Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you put a Blue Flame slip on yours then or is it a full system?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a slip on. I'm very happy with the sound. I bought the single port evo with removable silencer. With the silencer in, the bike almost sounds stock. With it out, the bike is louder, but it's not obnoxious. It has a very "superbike" like sound. I have no other way to put it. Everyone I ride with has said it's much better and they like the sound a lot better. Personally, I think the quality is much higher, too, but of course you pay for it. I've been extremely happy with my slip on for a year and a half and I don't see getting rid of it anytime soon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am trying to get a feel for my jet kit. What jets are you running with the slip on. I have been tempted to go back to completely stock parts. I have the stock needle and jets.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I don't have a particular jet kit. My bike was tuned on a dyno and my shop had a stock pile of jets and pilots and stuff. They adjusted and replaced jets until the a/f mixture was right, and the power curve smoothed out. I was interested more in a smooth power curve than maximum power but I'm happy with the outcome. I don't know what the final sizes were, so sorry I can't help that way.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats cool. I am also trying to get mine with a smooth curve. The bike is plenty fast, I don't think I will miss a few horse power. Would rather a nice smooth power band instead. Thanks again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, the guy with the Jardine for sale (its an ebay store) says you can get a street core silencer for the RT-one pipe. Says it gives it a mellow sound. Do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've never heard of that. Knowing what my pipe looked like, I have no idea how you would attach that. On my blue flame, there a ridge inside the the outer ring of the outlet that is just above the top edge of the removeable silencer. There is a circlip/metal pressure ring that held it it over the end of the silencer. I don't remember the Jardine having anything like that. However, that obviously doesn't mean it isn't possible, just my initial thoughts on that. It's up to you man, if you want to try it. How much is the silencer? By the time you spend the money on the pipe, and silencer, you may have come close to the price of a new pipe exactly how you want it. I've learned the hard way, don't settle. Get what you really want and what you'll be happy with. It's not worth the frustration in the end to end up with something that doesn't please you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not worth it. The guys says the silencer is $100 + pipe ($140) + shipping. I might as well get a different pipe by the time I am done. I checked the jet kit last night. All the stock parts are there. I plan on putting it all back to stock for a while until I figure out what set up I really want. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put 99.97 to the rear wheel with a Full Micron and K&N with the shop tuning it themselves.
Curve is flat as hell, not like the stock "geometric" progression.

Printout says its a slip on. Its not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
109.53 at the rear tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts