Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my international relations class I have to read a paper that has a good international perspective. The recommended papers I can choose to read are the NY Times, the Financial Times or the Economist. Which one do you prefer? Oh and just a side note; I don't want a paper full of liberal bs so I guess I'm asking for personal preference between the Financial Times and the Economist. thanks.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Fox News

EDIT: All those papers are pretty liberal, aren't they?

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Travis71902 said:
Fox News

EDIT: All those papers are pretty liberal, aren't they?
I don't really know, hopefully not. I figured the Financial Times would be because it's a European paper but I've been looking at their website and haven't seen a bunch of anti rich people crap yet so I don't know.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
poulsen said:
I don't really know, hopefully not. I figured the Financial Times would be because it's a European paper but I've been looking at their website and haven't seen a bunch of anti rich people crap yet so I don't know.

Yeah its tough, almost everything out there as far as media, especially periodicals, are left leaning if not totally biased. Just goes with the territory I guess. Good luck with the paper bro.

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok screw the economist. You have a be a subscriber to be allowed to view the articles on their website. The NY Times is just bad, so what do yall think about the Financial Times. I don't think I have much choice so I hope it's good.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
poulsen said:
Ok screw the economist. You have a be a subscriber to be allowed to view the articles on their website. The NY Times is just bad, so what do yall think about the Financial Times. I don't think I have much choice so I hope it's good.

I'm thinking if you're 19 and looking for FINANCIAL advice, you shouldn't be so worried about "liberal" or "conservative".

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BusaDave said:
I'm thinking if you're 19 and looking for FINANCIAL advice, you shouldn't be so worried about "liberal" or "conservative".
I'm not looking for financial advice. For my class I need to stay up to date on international issues and the professor expects us to read one of those three papers daily before class. He gave us the option of reading the NY Times, the Financial Times, and the Economist. I need to read one to know about international policies and politics and things of that sort and I would prefer to read a paper that isn't a raging liberal publication.

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nig said:
So did you find out the NYTimes was liberal by reading it or did Fox News tell you so?
Everyone knows the NY Times is liberal crap, you don't need to be told by anyone.

BusaDave said:
How about reading all 3 and making up your own mind?
I will make up my own mind and I have skimmed through their websites but I was interested in people's preferences and opinions.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
nig said:
So did you find out the NYTimes was liberal by reading it or did Fox News tell you so?

U gotta be kidding me right??? I'm not here to take shots at liberals....but trying to say the NY Times is anything BUT far left, is insane. LMAO :eek:nfloor

And yes I have read plenty of NY Times articles..

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
My news source is SBN!!!!!!!!

Kidding.

I watch as much and as many different ones as I can. Then I decipher it out and make a complete unbiased story out of it.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
nig said:
That's not really relevant to the topic.

U got me there....but its still a leftwing periodical.

·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nig said:
That's not really relevant to the topic.
Ah c'mon, just play along. You find a conservative article in the national section and travis will find a liberal article in the international section. And I'll watch. :cheers

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
poulsen said:
Ah c'mon, just play along. You find a conservative article in the national section and travis will find a liberal article in the international section. And I'll watch. :cheers
quit feeding my raging right wing fire :lao

1 - 19 of 19 Posts