Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people! I noticed my '92 Honda CBR 600f2 has what looks like a metal cylinder just a bit smaller then a soda can under my bike.

There's a hose or tube attached to each end i think. Someone said it might be for emmissions...since the bike was probably from Cali.

Anyone know what this is and if I can remove it? Is it easy? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it black in color? If so, it probably is the charcoal canister used for EPA emissions purposes on cali bikes. Its used to expel pressure/gases from your fuel tank, if I remember correctly. Easy to remove - yes.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Shizoku that's what it looks like

How do you take it off? DO you think I'll get more power?

thanks

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
sure it's not a shock reservoir...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a little too big I think and it's in a place where it would get hit by water, and other debris ...sits very low on the bike on the bottom

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Shizoku69 said:
Is it black in color? If so, it probably is the charcoal canister used for EPA emissions purposes on cali bikes. Its used to expel pressure/gases from your fuel tank, if I remember correctly. Easy to remove - yes.

That's messed up man!! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Its an n2o can. Il bet the guy before you wired it into the horn or hazards. Get up to 120 , press and HOLD ON!

:lao

if its on the bike, its probably there for a good reason. Leave it:p

·
Registered
135 Posts
MT Wallet said:
Yes Shizoku that's what it looks like

How do you take it off? DO you think I'll get more power?

thanks
On most 49 state bikes, the hose just run straight to the ground. You can reroute the line off the canister to a point down by your crankcase. Then just unbolt the canister and chuck it.

BTW, it creates no extra HP gain, nor do you lose a significant amount of weight by taking it off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts