Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over and over I am seeing little posts around SBN about men who had to give up their bikes for a new woman, a new wife, or a new baby PER the woman or the wife...or had to get the woman something expensive she wanted before they could get the bike in peace (e.g., must get a 2nd car, which is what my cousin is telling my cousin in law, must get a baby, must get a marriage, etc)...

Tell your stories and how you men REALLY feel about this subtle or not so subtle form of blackmail! I may have my faults, but coming between a man and a bike won't be on MY list of crimes! :beer

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I had a bike decades before I knew her...she knows where this issue stands

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
I've always been amused by this too. But these are the kinds of reasons most riders quit. I never second-guess anyone's marriage. Who knows what they've made her give up?

But if I had to offer a little marriage advice, it would be that the best ones are when no one gives anything up and both parties get something.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dunno, I'm kinda glad the wife of the guy I bought my bike from made him give it up. Cuz of that, I got a STEAL. :)

I personally think it's bullshit. How can you profess to love someone, only to demand they give up something that makes them so happy?? My BF rode before I met him. I knew how much it meant to him. So, I did exactly the opposite of the women you speak of - I learned to ride, so I could share it with him. Damn, I rawk. :lol

·
Registered
968 Posts
superbiker said:
Mine rides her own bike but I can tell you right now no woman is worth giving up the one thing I truly enjoy. There are just too many women out there to sacrifice my happiness.
+1 I've got a similar situation. If any woman I were involved with told me her or the bike, my next word would be step!

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
Girls come an go but true pleasures never go so thats where i will ALWAYS stand on this issue!

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Bike was here before the girl was. Her problem to deal with.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Before I got my bike my ex was adamently opposed to me getting a bike. My wife now is all for me riding. She says, why should I restrict something from you that you like? When i first got my bike i was always asking if i could go out and ride and she looked at me dumbfounded like "Why haven't you left yet" I sure do love her :D

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Rascus said:
Before I got my bike my ex was adamently opposed to me getting a bike. My wife now is all for me riding. She says, why should I restrict something from you that you like? When i first got my bike i was always asking if i could go out and ride and she looked at me dumbfounded like "Why haven't you left yet" I sure do love her :D
Funny, we're all thinking "Why hasn't SHE left yet?" :lao

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Mine knows where she stands. I love her but if it comes down to the bike or her the bike stays. She goes. This was brought up before we started to get serious. But she is not like that and always is supporting me with thoughts of a new bike. I just got to make the plunge. But thats how I feel.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
No women is worth giving up riding. My ex knew the bikes were before her.

Any fugure GF will have to accept that I ride, or leave.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
What a damning relationship. Although I realize some people are more comfortable sacrificing their freedom in return for occassional sex than others are.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
My wife didnt completely approve, so I got her own bike, and now she loves it... However, she doesnt ride NEARLY as much as I do.. So whenever I get the feeling that she is getting jealous over my bike, I take the kids for a night, and let her have a girls night out.. That buys me about two weeks of free riding..

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Punkwood that's the best compromise i can think of for men who are ALREADY involved with women who treat a bike like sexier "Other Woman"...let her get something she doesn't usually get, such as time to just go be a woman...and she will appreciate you getting time to just be a rider...nice. Some men though, will want her to be home doing EVERYTHING and still expect her to both have the energy for sex and to not want them to spend more time with her instead of rushing out when she finally has a minute, to be on their bike...

as someone said, we don't know what some of the men made the women give up...

lol @ jim

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I keep reading "I love her but..." and "no woman is worth..." etc, etc. If it's a relationship based on mutual love & respect, would those words ever need to be spoken? This goes for the controlling spouse as much as the one being controlled. If you don't love your spouse enough to work through it, and/or they don't love you enough to let you be who you are, the relationship is probably going fail whether there was a MC involved or not. Just mho.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Funny, we're all thinking "Why hasn't SHE left yet?" :lao
:bitchslap :lol

Good one

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Brownilus said:
Some men though, will want her to be home doing EVERYTHING and still expect her to both have the energy for sex and to not want them to spend more time with her instead of rushing out when she finally has a minute, to be on their bike...

lol @ jim
Yeah, and those men must have serious intentions of spending life SINGLE... If I was a woman, and a man expected that crap from me.. Dishes, Laundry, Cleaning, working full time, taking care of kids, and THEN SEX???? I would have to turn Lesbian.... :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
416 Posts
I see this all of the time too. I don't understand it. If someone wants to sell the bike, let it be their choice. Not someone saying "Well, it's either me or the bike." That's bullshit! I wouldn't do that to anyone that I'm with. I would never make someone have to choose between being with me or doing something that they love. Another guy said that you never know what the man made the woman give up and that's true also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you also have to take in to consideration that a lot of people do NOT have their priorities straight. It is give take in a relationship. My fiance knows how much I am "infatuated" with my bike and track days but I take the time to do something special for her and make her feel just as important. When you play your cards right she will be the one suggesting track days!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts