Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle was at the local Kawa/Aprilia dealership and he saw a brand new Aprilia marked half off so it was 7grand. Unfortuanetly he knows nothing about the company or its bikes so he cant tell me what kind it is. I am going to drive down there and check it out for myself since I am looking to get a bike. Last I heard Aprilia was going under and needed money to stay afloat, my question is did they get the money, are they going under, and would you buy one of their bikes knowing the company could flounder?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Aprilia will not flounder, they just received some financial backing, so it appears they will be stable. If you're interested you can look up what their financial situation on motorcycledaily.com or roadracingworld.com

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
man, if i could find a rsv-r factory for under 10k new i'd be all over it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Their "big" bikes aren't in trouble, the ones that were almost dropped were the scooters.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep - They got their money, and are chugging along...

Scott :)

p.s. - 39,500 miles as of right now. *Will* be 40K by Monday...

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
dear god if i found a brand new RSV mille/1000 for $7k, i would not hesitate to buy it right then! i could only wish to be so lucky.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It makes me happy to know that they're alive and well... one day I will own one. :)

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
i saw the new RSV 1000 at the aprilia dealer here in richmond, and that bike is awesome. i want to get more time on my 600 first, but i plan on buying one within the next 2 years. no, i WILL buy one in the next 2 years!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are you talking about the one at ken's cycle center? If so I saw it too and it's nice...very nice.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
yeah, i saw them at ken's. he had like 3 RSV 1000's and 2 or 3 '03 RSV mille's and a few Tuonos. if he'd come off the price by a few thousand i'd buy one now. just can't afford a new bike now. dumb ass me spent $15,000 on a new cage instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts