Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to hit up a track school soon! What school is the best for the buck?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Depends what is near you, I did the Keith Code Superbike school, it's the only one I have personal experience with, but I've heard good things about Skip Barber's school as well. Just a little tip, when you go in there and take the school, you are gonna hear some things that you think are just plain not true (techniques, and how some of them work) but you can't be set in your own ways, trust the instructors, and let them mold you, the riders who do the best at the schools are the one's who are most willing to learn.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Also have fun with that RS250 out there, it's gonna be a blast, you'll be amazed how much more corner speed you can carry than even a 600. By the end of the class when all the litrebike and 600 guys are looking at their tires trying to guess if they need to change it, you can happily move along knowing your tires are gonna last you another 2 or 3 trackdays. :lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Anyone know if there are schools in the midwest. I live in Wisconsin and I think there are some schools that move around from state to state and someone correct me if Im wrong but I thought there was one that came up to Elkhart Lake.

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
I'm taking the RPM school Aug.22nd at Jennings, there are still spots avail. Call Mike at- 239-940-5747 (RPM)

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPallNITE said:
I'm taking the RPM school Aug.22nd at Jennings, there are still spots avail. Call Mike at- 239-940-5747 (RPM)
How much is the school? Do they give CCS license?

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
100, no lic, just experience, having a closed track is worth it. I'm going to take the Ed Bargy school for my Lic. It's really 150, but if you have riding exp., it's only 100. Go to their site for more info. rpmtrackschool.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
There's a licensing track school on the Saturday before every Florida CCS event.

Moroso 8/28
Jennings 9/11
Moroso 10/2
Homestead 12/4

·
Registered
56 Posts
Local schools that offer licensing are Martinelli's, Kinsey's and Bargy's. I've only taken Martinelli's of the ones I listed. It was one on one instruction, pretty helpfull and reasonable in price. I know Frank Kinsey and have heard great things about his no brakes class. I'll probably take that one soon. No feedback on Bargy's school, sorry.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
jackingjerry said:
Frank Kinsey, Ed Bargy, and RPM.
Which one of these would be the best?
I am doing the RPM school on the 22nd of this month so when I come back I will let you know how it is. I was signed up to do Keith Code school last Sept but I got into my accident and broke my leg :eek: However, the guys that did go said it was very good and very informative!!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
UPallNITE said:
100, no lic, just experience, having a closed track is worth it. I'm going to take the Ed Bargy school for my Lic. It's really 150, but if you have riding exp., it's only 100. Go to their site for more info. rpmtrackschool.com

It's actually $200 if you have no riding experience on a track and $150 if you do :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts