Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like every single bike listed on there is damaged and being sold by some kind of salvage yard... i've only been searching in florida so i dont know if it's worse here or something, but what's the deal?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get like 5 pages of results and 90% is "salvage title wrecked bikes" "only a few parts needed!"

like i want to buy a 2002 R6 without the rear end or something :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
its not cycle trader its just the people that put the ads.
everytime i search i get the same thing.
it always that place in miami and that other salvage place i think its called frans?

when i do a search ill end up with like 30 bikes and 70% of them are salvage titles or bikes with certificates of destruction.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes a search in Florida is useless. They need to keep dealers and private sales separate. Most people searching on the net are not looking for a dealer with salvage bikes, I assure you.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've never really had a problem but I usually look in the magazines instead of online.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you're searching around the Chicago area, your sure to run into several salvage ads posted by "MadMan Biker" (I think that's the name). I like how all the salvage ads say "Minor crash! Easy fix!" when the pictures tell a somewhat different story. Forget the trailer, all you would need to get some of those bikes home is a bucket, a broom, and a dustpan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cycle Trader Is Now A Joke

I have been searching cycle trader for about 4 years. They have changed it for the worst. BIG TIME! Honestly, it used to be a great site! They used to let you advertise private bikes for free. It was primarily private, with a few dealers here and there. Then they got greedy, and started charging to list. Thats when everyone quit listing bikes,,and now its only dealers. I used to scoop up on some STEALS! I got a mint 01 Gix 6 for $4000 in 2002! NO LIE! I was on there every day, now........I dont even bother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts