Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dozen or so states that have been allowing ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS to go to college for "in state tuition" costs while children or just plain old citizens that want to go to a certain school may have to pay for out of state tuition.

This honestly bugs the fuck out of me. I am still paying off the 60K I had to borrow to go to school. Sure I could have stayed in state but sometimes its not an option.

Arent any of you just a wee bit upset about this?
 

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
I think to be able to work or go to school you need to be a legal citizen of the US. I think it is a crock of shit. I have a story to share about one of my uncles friends of many years. My uncle has been a die hard Harley rider for 30+ yrs (not a sportbike hater, his son and me both ride them). His friend had lost his arm in an accident. My uncle convenced him to talk to the local Harley dealer (Laf, IN) and they outfitted the bike of his choice so he was able to operate it. They rode up to Mil for the 100th celebration and everything. Last summer he was riding in the country and an illegal alein (Mex) pulled out in front of him and hit him. The Mex kept on going and was convenced by other ppl that he needed to tell the police. Over 30 mins had gone by and he was dead by the time the police had arrived. The Mex claimed he didn't no what to do. No imigration papers, no license, no insurance, no registration. He was by all accounts of the term illegal. Guess who had to foot the bills??
 

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
HUTSCBR said:
I think to be able to work or go to school you need to be a legal citizen of the US. I think it is a crock of shit. I have a story to share about one of my uncles friends of many years. My uncle has been a die hard Harley rider for 30+ yrs (not a sportbike hater, his son and me both ride them). His friend had lost his arm in an accident. My uncle convenced him to talk to the local Harley dealer (Laf, IN) and they outfitted the bike of his choice so he was able to operate it. They rode up to Mil for the 100th celebration and everything. Last summer he was riding in the country and an illegal alein (Mex) pulled out in front of him and hit him. The Mex kept on going and was convenced by other ppl that he needed to tell the police. Over 30 mins had gone by and he was dead by the time the police had arrived. The Mex claimed he didn't no what to do. No imigration papers, no license, no insurance, no registration. He was by all accounts of the term illegal. Guess who had to foot the bills??
Just because he was an illegal immigrant doesn't mean all illegal immigrants are bad people that hit motorcyclists. He happened to be so, but it could've been anybody: a soccer mom in her SUV or a drunk idiot on his way home from the bar.

This doesn't bother me. People complain about immigrants not speaking English and holler how they should learn to speak OUR language. They are doing exactly what so many of you suggest they should - getting an education and bettering themselves so they don't live off welfare or other government "hand-outs." Why should someone be denied the opportunity to have an education? Most illegals are destitute. They understandably could never afford post high-school education without assistance. I don't see a problem.

BTW, I had over $22k in loans after I graduated college. I'm down to $20k now - whoopdee! I can understand being mad at the loans, but it doesn't pay to be mad at other people that are taking advantage of opportunity they've been afforded. I did what I had to do to attend school and get a degree and so are they. What does their citizenry have to do with anything? Foreign exchange students get degrees at US Universities all the time.
 

·
Show them to me...
Joined
·
5,983 Posts
Their citizenry has everything to do with it. Only Americans should be allowed to enjoy the benifits that come with being an American. Illegal aliens generally (if not always) pay no taxes, and basically contribute nothing to the country except the ability to mooch (sp?) off those of whose do contribute. Nobady from another country should enjoy any of the benifits of this country unless they become a citizen of this country.

To answer your question hybrid, it pisses me off. I think we are pretty much in agreement on the illegal alien issue.
 

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sexyicecold said:
This doesn't bother me. People complain about immigrants not speaking English and holler how they should learn to speak OUR language. They are doing exactly what so many of you suggest they should - getting an education and bettering themselves so they don't live off welfare or other government "hand-outs." Why should someone be denied the opportunity to have an education? Most illegals are destitute. They understandably could never afford post high-school education without assistance. I don't see a problem.

I can understand being mad at the loans, but it doesn't pay to be mad at other people that are taking advantage of opportunity they've been afforded. I did what I had to do to attend school and get a degree and so are they. What does their citizenry have to do with anything? Foreign exchange students get degrees at US Universities all the time.
Sexy, your missing the point with this one.

Im simply stating that all people that ARE citizens of the united states should all be offered the same exact treatment.

I think that I should have gotten in state (bullshit term) tuition if anyone else is going to get it.

Its a matter of principle to me. If they get to go to school and not have to pay asinine prices to attend universities, so should you, the rest of the country and I and because we are citizens we should get priority on class load occupancy over them.

Im not against them getting educated. Hell my brother is still in college in france and he isnt a citizen yet, but they all get to go to college for FREE in that country, regardless. Im sure they would be pissed if he went for free while their citizens paid.

Oh and by the way..........I am totaly for any and all immagrants being forced to learn the language. I am quite tired of how we all cater to the hispanic population. My family came over to this country just over a hundred years ago and no one catered to my people. I dont see equality being touted for any other nation and most of the others I meet do their damnedest to fit in and integrate with our society. But thats completely off topic.

Still.............its not in any way right to offer ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS such a profound loophole for higher education that our own people cannot partake of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
Yeah, this tuition shit is fucking silly. I'm taking college easy so I don't have any debt when I get out. Personally, I'm sick of fucking people that come to where I work and don't speak a fucking bit of English and expect me to know what they want. If I was in a different country, I wouldn't be a fucking pretentious dickhead and make people cater to me. I would get my shit together, but these fucking border hoppers and shit act like we owe them something.
 

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BurnMyHeartDown said:
Yeah, this tuition shit is fucking silly. I'm taking college easy so I don't have any debt when I get out. Personally, I'm sick of fucking people that come to where I work and don't speak a fucking bit of English and expect me to know what they want. If I was in a different country, I wouldn't be a fucking pretentious dickhead and make people cater to me. I would get my shit together, but these fucking border hoppers and shit act like we owe them something.
Now before you get smoked for that string of comments.........yes alot of countries cater to "english speaking people" but only because it is in fact the most common language and is considered the INTERNATIONAL language.

You cant be an international airline pilot, a international boat captain without speaking it.
 

·
Already Sick of Winter
Joined
·
3,273 Posts
i can see it from both sides. honestly, if someone was in our country i'd hope they are getting an education so they can stay here and contribute to our economy. educated people working in our country is good for our country regardless of their immigration status.

however, i don't think i should be footing the bill for them. makes fuck all sense to me that there are american citizens whose tax money is being used for education that they themselves cannot benefit from directly.

i wonder if the socialists were on to something when they suggested state operated schools that were free to the members of the state so long as they had to work a certain number of years afterward for the state. i think Cuba has a program like that.
 

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
malik ross said:
i wonder if the socialist were on to something when they suggested state operated schools that were free to the members of the state so long as they had to work a certain number of years afterward for the state. i think Cuba has a program like that.
They sure do. Their MDs go to school for free, but when they graduate, they only make about $30 - 35k/yr, not like our doctors. However, it's not a bad gig because they don't have any school loans to pay off and $30k/yr in Cuba is a pretty good living. I don't know about the "how many years they have to work" part of it though.
 

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
malik ross said:
i can see it from both sides. honestly, if someone was in our country i'd hope they are getting an education so they can stay here and contribute to our economy. educated people working in our country is good for our country regardless of their immigration status.

however, i don't think i should be footing the bill for them. makes fuck all sense to me that there are american citizens whose tax money is being used for education that they themselves cannot benefit from directly.

i wonder if the socialists were on to something when they suggested state operated schools that were free to the members of the state so long as they had to work a certain number of years afterward for the state. i think Cuba has a program like that.
I dont want to even start on that one.........Im more looking for opinions on how Illegals get better loopholes than citizens
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top