Sport Bikes banner

What have you done/are you going to do to your bike...

13K views 99 replies 48 participants last post by  PCHbreeze 
#1 ·
This thread went over well last year, albeit a month or so later. So I thought I'd remake the thread.

What have you done or are planning on doing to your bike(s) before the start of the next warm season? (I guess that would be, April or May for most.) I ask more along the lines of upgrades or repairs than maintenance, unless the maintenance is an upgrade or repair.

If you have a year long riding season, while you're fucking yourself, feel free to type one handed what you have done to your bike(s) recently, or what you plan to do before the same time period.

#47 ·
RC8R will get a full Bazzaz QS.FI.TC system with adjuster for TC and map switch with standard shift switch.

The SR500E will get new fork springs and seals, and new shocks, along with a new kill switch

The DR-Z may get an oil change and some maintenance

Already installed the big front brake set up

Super Duke will just be ridden

#59 ·
I'm not much of a KTM guy. I'd go with the MV personally. Fast by Ferracci isn't that far from me and he is world known in the Ducati & MV Augusta circles.

#56 ·
I'd be buying a used Speed Triple (cuz they're dirt cheap), so upgrading to an Ohlins suspension would be perfectly feasible.

Main reason I prefer the RC8R to the 848 is that it is (reportedly) a much more comfortable bike. And it looks beastly. 848 SFs are bloody expensive, even used. 2010 RC8s go for $10k.

#58 ·
Not this time. Well... probably not this time. I'm going to be pocketing about 25 grand when I sell my condo, and the gf would be pretty pissed off if I spent a large portion of it on a new bike instead of setting it aside to use towards a future down payment on a house...

BUT, I'm not feeling the whole "relationship" thing lately so that may simplify matters considerably.

#62 ·
Things that I'm planning on doing on my 07' R1 this winter now that i'm not riding all the time.
Upgrading the seats (the back seat has some scuffs so might as well upgrade all)
dropping 1 tooth on the front (this thing is geared way too high for street use)
Speedo healer (for correcting the tooth drop)
zero gravity double bubble windscreen (keeps more air off of me)
Adjustable brake/clutch lever

#63 ·
Couple small things showed up: Speedymoto Omni Bars, Renthal grips, and DDA (with updated firmware to work with Vista)

Added Barber decal to the windshield log of tracks ridden thus far....

....then got bored and started the main winter project of tearing the bike down to remove the frame for powdercoating. 2 hrs in and all that needs to come off is the entire front tree/forks/wheel assembly, radiator/hoses, and work some of the wiring from intertwining thru the frame. One more engine bolt after that and the frame is off!

-Christian

#64 ·
Damn, that is a lot of work for a color change! Is the vin stamped/etched into the frame or a sticker/rivet-on plate? I've already torn down one of my bikes for frame PC, however the VIN is on an aluminum sticker and I'm not sure how to get around it...

#72 ·
Went bonkers and ordered some things:

-dropped the frame off at Hering Kustoms here in town for paint
-CDT full street fairings in carbon (nose, upper sides, & tail)
-Brembo RCS19 remote adjuster
-LSL bolt kits for windscreen, gas cap, & fairings
-Domino XM2 throttle assembly
-couple of small replacement carbon bits

So now all that is left are small odds & ends, new rearsets, and bringing the track & street sets of bodywork in for paint.

Going for a semi-ridiculous winter build to complete the bike (without getting into the big $$$ mods like magnesium or carbon swingarms, carbon wheels, aluminum or carbon tanks, etc) with full intentions to continue tracking the bike. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.