Sport Bikes banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Control center upgrades all put together: Speedymoto Omni Bars, Domino XM2 adjustable throttle assembly, Renthal Full Diamond-Firm grips, & Brembo RCS19 remote adjuster.

Frame should be done in a couple of weeks so I can start putting her back together, and carbon street fairings should be coming in a couple more weeks after that so I can get those painted. May get the SharkSkinz painted in the mean time so at the least the bike would be track-ready for next season within the month.

Being a trucker, I am definitely used to the "hurry up & wait" game, lol.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
My XT660X is at the shop, the engine is being repainted as the paint was flaking off... She used to live by the sea. I usually do all work on my bikes, save for paint, and as I don't have a car to transport the engine to a pain shop, I let my mechanic do it.

Also taking the chance to change all fluids, lube bearings and replace fork seals. All she'll need after I pick her up is a new battery, a new seat and a couple screws here and there. Maybe later I'll go full blown OCD on her and replace the side plastics and decals.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Need a new front tire and need to check the valves on the zx10. That's about it.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
the streetbike, ZX9R, needs the transmission rebuilt and new clutch plates. and a good bath.

racetech gold valves in the shock of the race bike plus new brake pads, an air filter and turn on the quickshift. then go win a championship.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I guess I have to get a battery tender. It almost didn't want to start today, and died a few times before it eventually began acting normal, so I went out for a spin to try and charge the battery up. Poor bike is probably wondering why I'm mad at him. :itsok

·
Registered
848 Posts
2012 RC8R

First thing is get rid of the stock fender assembly with one that actually will mount a US size tag.

Second thing is get it on the track in the spring.

i know the feeling. i still gotta get one for mine.... that thing sticks WAAAAAAAAAAAAy out there.

·
Moto GP Champion
505 Posts
i know the feeling. i still gotta get one for mine.... that thing sticks WAAAAAAAAAAAAy out there.
The holes on the KTM don't even line up with a US size tag. It's made for the square tags like they use in Europe.

I asked the dealer when I bought it how I was supposed to mount the tag and if there was an adapter bracket or something and he just gave me a blank look and said uhhh, I guess drill some holes in the tag.

I ordered a bracket and some LED signals yesterday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm almost done with this Turbo installation "upgrade". the build is lengthy and you can read about it in detail should you be interested HERE Or you can watch a video HERE
I still have some other fail safe systems to install as a 4dollars switch ruined my day. A couple more components to build as well.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
The holes on the KTM don't even line up with a US size tag. It's made for the square tags like they use in Europe.

I asked the dealer when I bought it how I was supposed to mount the tag and if there was an adapter bracket or something and he just gave me a blank look and said uhhh, I guess drill some holes in the tag.

I ordered a bracket and some LED signals yesterday.
That bike is SUPER skinny!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Harbor Freight has them on sale regularly for under $10, Tammy.

KeS
harbor freight = disposable tools.

i'm thinking crappy electronics in the battery tender and expensive electronics on the motorcycle...no bueno.

harbor freight stuff is the absolute cheapest stuff out there, period. caveat emptor.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts