Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
The new F4i, simple. That ridiculous fender will be replaced with a Hot Bodies undertail. WTF was Honda thinking??

The E, not so simple. Though I've put a ton of time and $$ restoring and updating it, it is a 20yr old bike with just over 40k on the clock. Selling it, I'd lose my ass. Plus, to be honest, I'd really hate to see it go. Sooo, I'm toying with the idea of turning it into a dedicated trackbike.

At a hair under 500lbs, it'll be considerably slower than pretty much everything else out there, but having never done a trackday, I dont think the bike with will the limiting factor.:eek:nfloor
Man I love those. Is that a zx-6e?
Especially the green and white ones!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
1. SV1000S "a" - GSX-R fork swap, modified clutch basket and maybe a new rear shock.
2. SV1000S "b" - re-build it as a SV1000 "naked", almost got all the parts.
3. XT660R - Gotta sort the suspension, I'll probably try emulators in the forks and an Öhlins shock. There is a set of WP forks, with triple trees and everything, but they are WAY too expensive.
4. XT660X - Just get her in running condition, she just needs a bit of love.
5. XJR1300 - In a wild dream I want Öhlins forks, upgraded rear shocks and FJ1200 carb boots.

I'd obviously need a buttload of money to do all that, the XJR1300 mods (save for the carb boots) are just a wild dream and I'd be happy just to be done with both SVs and XTs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Man That's a pretty good deal for a little over 5 and a half thousand. You get a brand new bike that looks really nice! And a warranty !
Yeah, if it were an option last June, would have easily chose this bike to save the dinero...this coming April, hoping with the CBR600 trade in I can get A CBR500 and refi the CBR600 loan through the same dealer ending up with a lower monthly.

Might not be worth it as I know I'm gonna lose some on the trade in I'll still check what will happen in April.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Man I love those. Is that a zx-6e?
Especially the green and white ones!
Yes sir, a 93 ZX6e(the first and fastest year for the mighty mighty 6es due to the "magic carbs":)) The 94 green/white/blue model was my inspiration when choosing a 90s sportbike restore project, hence my color choice when painting.

Next up, a late 90s ZX7r.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, if it were an option last June, would have easily chose this bike to save the dinero...this coming April, hoping with the CBR600 trade in I can get A CBR500 and refi the CBR600 loan through the same dealer ending up with a lower monthly.

Might not be worth it as I know I'm gonna lose some on the trade in I'll still check what will happen in April.
This is just a thought, but you might be able to recomp some of your money if you sell the cbr privately.

But, nothing wrong with having two bikes!
:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes sir, a 93 ZX6e(the first and fastest year for the mighty mighty 6es due to the "magic carbs":)) The 94 green/white/blue model was my inspiration when choosing a 90s sportbike restore project, hence my color choice when painting.

Next up, a late 90s ZX7r.
The late 90s zx models are sweet!

·
Mad Modder
180 Posts
RC8R will get a full Bazzaz QS.FI.TC system with adjuster for TC and map switch with standard shift switch.

The SR500E will get new fork springs and seals, and new shocks, along with a new kill switch

The DR-Z may get an oil change and some maintenance

Already installed the big front brake set up

Super Duke will just be ridden

·
Registered
869 Posts
RC8R will get a full Bazzaz QS.FI.TC system with adjuster for TC and map switch with standard shift switch.

The SR500E will get new fork springs and seals, and new shocks, along with a new kill switch

The DR-Z may get an oil change and some maintenance

Already installed the big front brake set up

Super Duke will just be ridden

Man, I love your bikes, beautiful!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
TLSDoug:
your garage is awesome.

·
Registered
131 Posts
kick start lol

I lol'd at the kick start, haven't seen a bike with one of those in ages, of course haven't been around many old bikes lately. Did it have a compression release, or were you actually able to kick start it?

Use to have a 1968 BSA 441 and that thing would send your knee up into the air if it back fired tryin to kick start it. Got me so afraid of the back fire, I use to always roll it down a hill to bump start it. Fortunately lived in Dana Point, CA with plenty of hills.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The SV is getting a full exhaust to replace the Delkevic, Penske rear shock, Race Tech emulators and springs, and possibly a belly pan

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I'm going to wash my bike and clean it up.

Then sell and replace with a Speed Triple, MV F4, Ducati 848, or (by far the leading contender) RC8R.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
If you're considering the Speed, I'd suggest you get the Speed Triple R instead of the regular one. The suspension on the regular Speedy is not so great.

Of those choices, I'd probably pick the 848 or the RC8R, though I'd probably buy the 848 in the streetfighter flavor.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I'd be buying a used Speed Triple (cuz they're dirt cheap), so upgrading to an Ohlins suspension would be perfectly feasible.

Main reason I prefer the RC8R to the 848 is that it is (reportedly) a much more comfortable bike. And it looks beastly. 848 SFs are bloody expensive, even used. 2010 RC8s go for $10k.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Ah. I figured you were buying new.
Not this time. Well... probably not this time. I'm going to be pocketing about 25 grand when I sell my condo, and the gf would be pretty pissed off if I spent a large portion of it on a new bike instead of setting it aside to use towards a future down payment on a house...

BUT, I'm not feeling the whole "relationship" thing lately so that may simplify matters considerably.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I'm going to wash my bike and clean it up.

Then sell and replace with a Speed Triple, MV F4, Ducati 848, or (by far the leading contender) RC8R.
I'm not much of a KTM guy. I'd go with the MV personally. Fast by Ferracci isn't that far from me and he is world known in the Ducati & MV Augusta circles.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts