Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread went over well last year, albeit a month or so later. So I thought I'd remake the thread.

What have you done or are planning on doing to your bike(s) before the start of the next warm season? (I guess that would be, April or May for most.) I ask more along the lines of upgrades or repairs than maintenance, unless the maintenance is an upgrade or repair.

If you have a year long riding season, while you're fucking yourself, feel free to type one handed what you have done to your bike(s) recently, or what you plan to do before the same time period.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Toying with the idea of the Motohooligan airbox mod on the superduke . VS wants another set of exhausts made . Z750 .. umm get it to run properly on bellmouths and straights would be a start . And all of that is subject to what happens if I buy an RG500 . And the whole lot has to move house in january . .. its gonna be busy whatever happens .

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The bike already has Shorty levers, frame & swingarm sliders, RS5 Yoshi slip-on exhaust and a fender eliminator kit. I am going to custom design the seat myself, order brand new street plastics and maybe HID lights if i ever get around to it. Things like a full exhaust, rear sets, braided brake lines,etc are just thoughts but it depends how much i like the bike and where I am with it. When i move for my recruiting (mostly likely Florida or Texas), i may want something else and just sell this bike as a track bike if i can acquire some race plastics for cheap.

·
Registered
131 Posts
'Thinking' of trading the CBR600 in for a new 2013 Honda CBR500R...not that I dislike the CBR600, but I get a bike 100cc less for half the cost...although, it depends on what actually happens after talking to the salesperson.

Honda 2013 CBR®500R Motorcycles

If I keep the CBR600, prob just keep it stock except maybe get a new exhaust to make it louder/safer?: which follows the question is a louder bike actually safer as it seems like when cars know you're coming, they sometimes react to prevent you from passing, etc.
Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart: Honda CBR600RR (2007-13) V.A.L.E.™ Black Series Slip-On Exhaust - M-2 Carbon Fiber Canister 005-1750407V-B

·
Registered
855 Posts
My plan is to go from this...

To something like this...(this is not my bike...just a photoshop of a R6 Forum member's trackbike)

Picked up some Hotbodies and I am trying to think up some paint ideas. Hopefully buying a DZR400 within the next few months and my R6 will be purely a trackbike by next season. :banana

·
Registered
357 Posts
Already on my 2010 Triumph 675 STR;
-Ohlins TR805 shock and RaceTech fork springs and oil change
-Triumph QuickShifter (Gawd I love this f**kin thing!)
-Sargent seat (my butt says thank-you on every ride)
-DanMoto GP titanium pipes with Triumph TORS map (net weight loss of at least 12 lbs, tight fitting ear plugs req'd)
-Shorai 18Ah lithium battery (amazing 5 lbs lighter than stock battery)
-Vortex 520 chain conversion with 2T larger rear sprocket
-TechSpec snakeskin tank pads (knee grip takes a lot of weight off the wrists)
-Rizoma handlebars and other assorted bling
On the way; a few cf bits from Bestemusa

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...451-Copy.jpg&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13549216782752

·
Registered
360 Posts
'Thinking' of trading the CBR600 in for a new 2013 Honda CBR500R...not that I dislike the CBR600, but I get a bike 100cc less for half the cost...although, it depends on what actually happens after talking to the salesperson.

Honda 2013 CBR®500R Motorcycles

If I keep the CBR600, prob just keep it stock except maybe get a new exhaust to make it louder/safer?: which follows the question is a louder bike actually safer as it seems like when cars know you're coming, they sometimes react to prevent you from passing, etc.
Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart: Honda CBR600RR (2007-13) V.A.L.E.™ Black Series Slip-On Exhaust - M-2 Carbon Fiber Canister 005-1750407V-B
Man That's a pretty good deal for a little over 5 and a half thousand. You get a brand new bike that looks really nice! And a warranty !

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I've been hitting the Touratech website pretty hard for the G650X. Probably drop a thousand when its all said and done.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I'll be rebuilding pretty much my entire braking system for my race bike. They were a severe limitation towards the middle to end of last season, I could visibly see myself loosing time, no lie. It was a joke how bad my brakes were.
So over the winter ill be doing the following:
new rotors - old ones were under min spec
new pads - ones i had were done
caliper rebuilt kit including pistons - my 07 triumph has about 25,000 miles on it and much of it is track miles so its time
brembo master for stronger braking. - old one was shot.
replacing fluid -drrr

The only thing that is staying the same is the brake lines.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
GTS-1000s:
-New rear shock
-Some body work and cleaning
-Tighten up the throttle cable
-Replace/Clean misc. parts and pieces
-Install luggage racks

V-strom:
-New clutch basket

Dnepr:
-New electrical harness
-Maybe a sidecar if I can find one for the right price

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Not much. But I did get my hands on a rare hardbag system that was made for the Monster, so I want to mount that up, and I got some dirtbike handguards that I think will fit well. So a little more practicality for the old M900.

PhilB

·
Registered
869 Posts
PhilB,

like they came stock with the "street" version of the Monster? (can't remember if that was the name)

I've been trying to convince myself a monster would make a fine commuter bike to go with the 916, but if I can't put any proper bags on it, I'm not believing myself completely :D

--

On topic: we are buying a 1975 CB500T. It's been travelling from New York to the end of the world (here) for the last 1.5 years, ridden by a brave man. We will try and restore it/make it slightly into a cafe racer of sorts. Nothing too extreme or complex, but trying to bring back to youth a nice bike.

Have no money for 916 mods :) just maintenance and swapping rotten plastic/rubber parts that were way past their time.

·
Registered
848 Posts
well, i've actually been prepping the Gix for winter travel, not much done really. added my Battery Tender hook-up, tankbag, and electric gear hook-up. Since i didn't get to ride much since i got the bike, i figure i might as well enjoy it thru winter. future plans which have no timeline whatsoever are SSB lines, ST tires (OH THE HUMANITY!!! i don't ride that hard on the street so ST's would last longer until i get prepared for the track), Fender eiliminator, some kind of exhaust (probably two bros - yeah, i'm a rebel. i don't buy into the "ya gotta have Yosh" fan base) and that's about it.

some time after moving back to SD, we'll be lookin into another bike to fill the garage.... something better for 2-up riding. (ZX14r, Busa, C14? dang wife has such terrible choices -- :) )

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've got full Leo Vince exhaust to put on my zx14 that I am going to have ceramic coated.
I need to repair some cracked plastics and get the bike repainted from a parking lot oops a few months ago.
I'm on the fence about some new springs and cartridges in the front but I'll probably buy something to raise the rear a bit.

And I might finally get around to putting my superhawk back together. I need to buy a new TPS for it since I accidentally broke the old one when I put the carbs back together. That and a shift lever and I have all the parts to fix it just not enough motivation to put it back together.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I'm attempting to fucking buy one. . .

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Pretty much intend to finish the Duc this offseason.

-full carbon fairings (nose, upper sides, & tail) current carbon bellypan, and Sharkskinz track fairings all painted pearl white
-new Ducabike rearsets (keeping the current CRGs for backups)
-frame powdercoated in same 'wine red' shade as all the red accent bits/wheels on the bike (not completely sure on this...I've never completely torn a bike down to the frame before)
-random carbon bits for finishing touches
-new brake pads
-MotionPro throttle tube/linkage
-new grips
-Speedymoto Omni bars
-Brembo remote adjuster for the RCS-19
-Ducati Data Analyzer

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Switching back to street legality. Seattle has a year long season so long as you don't mind the rain and it being a bit chilly.

Might grab some eBay levers since I want 2 sets anyway. There's a motorcycle seat upholsterer about 3 blocks from my new place so I might get the seat and pillion seat redone.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Buell - Rings. Hopefully everything else is good.

Triumph - The chain I was supposed to buy last year.

Aprilia - Nothing.

Dirtbike - Purchasing.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
You should get a dual sport Tony so you can ride with us. Pure dirt bikes are a pain in PA. You need a plate or you have to keep loading and unloading.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You should get a dual sport Tony so you can ride with us. Pure dirt bikes are a pain in PA. You need a plate or you have to keep loading and unloading.
I'm definitely looking for a dual sport. I'm torn between a b***** one (DR650-sized) or a smaller one (XT225-sized). But either way, there's no point in getting a CRF450, when I have TW200 talent. :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts