Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member since 05, & you couldn't even keep up with all the post. Their was so much going on. Now I'm not going to say this site is dead, but it is not busy like it was. I was just looking in the picture forum, last post was over 4 days ago. What happened?

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
^^
Hah

Its usually slower here in the summer because surprise surprise, everyone is out riding. Winter time is when peeps are bored and complain about everything.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It's not much better in the winter.

I think it's half that sportbikes are dying and half that the forum gets over-run by 15 year olds twice a year. Forums like advrider are packed, and packed full of people who used to ride sportbikes.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
^^
Hah

Its usually slower here in the summer because surprise surprise, everyone is out riding. Winter time is when peeps are bored and complain about everything.
I asked this same question in the winter, and the response was that it's usually slower in the winter and will pick up in the summer... I don't think this is a seasonal thing. It's been pretty dead here for quite awhile now.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Activity has definitely been down for some time. I wouldn't say dead by any means, but definitely slower-paced.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Jeeze I hope it's not going the way of MCDB .. I just got my Lifetime membership a lil while ago! DOH!

I've noted it is quite slow here these days as well. Not very often on here I am viewing just a single page of new posts.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Mainly it is being caused by all the fruitcake conspiracy nuts on the site that insist on filling the forum with their paranoia instead of motorcycle related topics.

To move the website back to the direction of its purpose they need to delete the politics and religion forum and then they will see more members posting again. It appears the majority of members interested in motorcycles are being put off by all the trivial trash and drivel being posted by these paranoid mentally ill few. Most REAL members are no longer bothering to either visit or post on the site because it is a waste of effort when all the new posts of the day are filled with crazy thread after thread from these paranoid few that think the government, police and everyone else is out to get them.

The owner of the site really needs to filter out this trash so the site can go back to its main direction of discussing sport bike related topics instead of thread after thread about how horrible the police are and how the government is brain washing everyone with mind control from outer space. There is also starting to be a big issue with bots posting spam all over the site. There are a few bots on here that have been posting spam for weeks and their user account has still not been disabled.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Mainly it is being caused by all the fruitcake conspiracy nuts on the site that insist on filling the forum with their paranoia instead of motorcycle related topics.

To move the website back to the direction of its purpose they need to delete the politics and religion forum and then they will see more members posting again. It appears the majority of members interested in motorcycles are being put off by all the trivial trash and drivel being posted by these paranoid mentally ill few. Most REAL members are no longer bothering to either visit or post on the site because it is a waste of effort when all the new posts of the day are filled with crazy thread after thread from these paranoid few that think the government, police and everyone else is out to get them.

The owner of the site really needs to filter out this trash so the site can go back to its main direction of discussing sport bike related topics instead of thread after thread about how horrible the police are and how the government is brain washing everyone with mind control from outer space. There is also starting to be a big issue with bots posting spam all over the site. There are a few bots on here that have been posting spam for weeks and their user account has still not been disabled.

Wishful thinking. Where would F4 and others go?

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Yeah there's not much technical discussion any more.
And when there is guys like Wayne's striple ruin it by posting useless and incorrect bullshit and insist its true. Kinda defeats the purpose of coming here for info when the most vocal people are giving incorrect or unhelpful info.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
While I won't comment on the validity / invalidity of anybody's comments on here, the general tone of threads intended to be helpful usually degenerates into bickering. But you're correct that the info given needs to be correct.

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have always really liked this site. I am a member of so many forums, it is hard to keep up with everything. I don't like the bickering, or the put downs, IMO their are no stupid questions. We are all naïve in some areas. I try to offer advice based upon my experience when I can, & I enjoy looking at other peoples bikes. & setups.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I-Jo doesn't post much anymore, pateta00 (or whatever) was banned, so that's like 50% of the daily activity gone. acalliste rarely posts as well and I think she was probably the most active for a long time just based on her post count. There were some other very active people that posted a lot that I can recall off the top of my head that aren't around anymore as well: mandrex (banned), LM_PR (got pissed off and stopped posting, plus was dealing with housing problems), OreoGaborio (mostly in the track forum), TCormier (same as Oreo)...

In my opinion rearranging some of the forums would help, combining subforums, deleting seldom used ones, etc. I think that would help create more activity, or at least the appearance of more activity, that would attract new members.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts