Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what type of gas(octane grade ex. 87, 91,93) most bikes use up to 600cc?

Honda CBR600rr/F4i-
Kawasaki ZX-6R/RR-
Suzuki GSXR600-
Yamaha R6/R6s-

does it matter what year they are either, like if it changed from one year to another?
from what i heard most use 87, i think.

·
Fatass Ninja
598 Posts
I dunno, but I run alcohol through mine....jk 87 FTW. That's gotta be expensive for you SS guys having to use premium at the pump with those gas guzzlers of yours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My '07 R6S (same as the '05 R6) says 91 or higher, so I use 93. I used to put 87 in my old car ('92 cougar) until repair bills started adding up. 93 kept the engine cleaner and I didn't need to replace the spark plugs as often. I also got better gas mileage with 93.

·
Registered
510 Posts
lol at better gas mileage with 93. Sorry, octane will not improve your gas mileage. In fact as said it's probably going to go down as noted before since all the fuel is probably not burning in the cylinder if it was designed to use 87. Also 93 is no cleaner either, how would you get that idea?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.