Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently disconnected this hose while in the process of troubleshooting a fuel system issue, but I'm curious as to what this hose is to and for. I've checked the ZZR600Service manual but I wasn't able to find any reference to it. Hoping someone from the community could shed some light on this.

Thanks

What is it this.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Looks like the breather tube that hooks into the middle rear of the air box lid.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the breather tube that hooks into the middle rear of the air box lid.
I'm thinking about adding some seafoam here as well in the fuel line to get my bike back running. I've removed the tank to eliminate the fuel there being the source of my issue. It started following washing my bike the night before. YES / NO?

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Probably got some water in the breather hose if it was unhooked like in the pic. Just dump an entire bottle in the gas tank and you should be good.

Hey please check out all the aftermarket goodies I have for sale. Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably got some water in the breather hose if it was unhooked like in the pic. Just dump an entire bottle in the gas tank and you should be good.

Hey please check out all the aftermarket goodies I have for sale. Thanks, Jay
No it wasn't disconnected earlier. I'd recently disconnected it in preparation to troubleshoot my issue. But do you think adding Seafoam here as well would help as well?

I'll check out the parts you're looking to sale as well.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
No it wasn't disconnected earlier. I'd recently disconnected it in preparation to troubleshoot my issue. But do you think adding Seafoam here as well would help as well?

I'll check out the parts you're looking to sale as well.
Couldn't hurt in a small amount I guess. I have only used Seafoam in my gas tank in the past.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have only heard of and have personally added the seafoam into the gas tank directly or a small amount directly into the oil before riding for a short period prior to an oil change.

If the hose runs down to the crankcase then It is your crankcase vent and should be connected to the top back of the airbox. If it runs forward into a filter canister then its part of your kleen air system and i would not put seafoam in it. Actually i would not put seafoam in the tube either way. Usually just in the gas is fine.

Maybe water worked its way into your gas? Maybe dump all the gas, drain float bowls, add fresh high octane with seafoam.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ive put seafoam in my oil and ran it for a few hundred miles before changing
That may be my last and final step. Tank is back on the bike, 4oz of Seafoam in the tank. I'll let that marinade for a few then fire it up and hope it works. Thanks for the feed back everyone.

:dblthumb

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have only heard of and have personally added the seafoam into the gas tank directly or a small amount directly into the oil before riding for a short period prior to an oil change.

If the hose runs down to the crankcase then It is your crankcase vent and should be connected to the top back of the airbox. If it runs forward into a filter canister then its part of your kleen air system and i would not put seafoam in it. Actually i would not put seafoam in the tube either way. Usually just in the gas is fine.

Maybe water worked its way into your gas? Maybe dump all the gas, drain float bowls, add fresh high octane with seafoam.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
What you and Jay indicated both sound reasonable. BTW this is where I got the idea from. Although this bike is GSXr, the location of the hose is the same as on the ZZR. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBslr8ri8Q

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What you and Jay indicated both sound reasonable. BTW this is where I got the idea from. Although this bike is GSXr, the location of the hose is the same as on the ZZR. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBslr8ri8Q
That is just stupid.

That hose doesn't go to the intake on any bike! Not the gixxer in the video and certainly not your ZZR600

That hose goes to the KLEEN air valves, which have a direct line after those reed valves down the exhuast port-after the exhuast valves..........so essentially all you are doing is pouring that into the hot exhuast port and subsequently into the exhuast system itself.
There would be zero benefit to doing what that video depicted.

Hook the hose back up or else remove the KLEEN air system all together

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is just stupid.

That hose doesn't go to the intake on any bike! Not the gixxer in the video and certainly not your ZZR600

That hose goes to the KLEEN air valves, which have a direct line after those reed valves down the exhuast port-after the exhuast valves..........so essentially all you are doing is pouring that into the hot exhuast port and subsequently into the exhuast system itself.
There would be zero benefit to doing what that video depicted.

Hook the hose back up or else remove the KLEEN air system all together
Stupid huh... Ok thanks :sunny. Thanks for your .02. :dblthumb

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Thanks river, thought it looked like the breather hose that's on the rear of the air box that's part of the kleen system. I've only ever put seafoam in the gas tank in all my years never anywhere else.

Reactions: rhinoak

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Stupid huh... Ok thanks :sunny. Thanks for your .02. :dblthumb
my .02 is worth more than most peoples $100, so if you don't like that I am correct or think just cuz some other schmo says something to the contrary-well that is your issue not mine.

What that video depicts is stupidity at work and complete ignorance, sorry if that offends your sensitive self.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
No reason to get touchy here. Let's just help each other out and move on. Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my .02 is worth more than most peoples $100, so if you don't like that I am correct or think just cuz some other schmo says something to the contrary-well that is your issue not mine.

What that video depicts is stupidity at work and complete ignorance, sorry if that offends your sensitive self.
Never said or implied that I didn't care for your comment I just thanked you for your opinion and you took offense to me calling you sunshine. WoW, just like Jay said no need to get touchy. We're all here to help. :cheers

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sorry, idiots on another forum have me a bit on edge I guess...I was reading your comment as sarcasm and insuating it was not helpful...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts