Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the cans you are running and how do you like them? Also how is the sound?

·
Registered
14 Posts
M4 Ti here. I like it quite a bit, although I don't have a lot to compare it to. A buddy of mine had Micron on his 600r and it sounded great as well.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I run a Vance and Hines S4 stainless steel.
Sounds pretty darn good.

I compare it to messing with an EQ on a guitar amp.
The S4 added alot of bass grunt to the tone while boosting the mids and highs slightly.

Sounds like a beast at idle with a low end growl. Flick the throttle and you get a sharp bark like a rottweiller. At cruising rpm, it's louder, but not obnoxious at all. I had heard V&H were loud, but it's not so. At full on boogie, it's pretty noisy, a good combination of bassy grunt along with a mid-dominated wail into upper rpms. Only at redline does it sound a little tinny and hollow.
I haven't heard it from a distance though. Only from the pilots chair.

The S4 is a great pipe. Cost me $270 from Starcycle- but they took too long to ship it, IMO. Back ordered maybe?

Go to http://www.martijn-online.com/thundercat/
the guy has uploaded a bunch of different exhaust wav's to check out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the d&d on the bike when I got it. my parents didnt like it and it pissed the neighbors off doing 2k rpm in 3rd gear in the neighborhood. they made me put the rs-3 on :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have a Micron slip on, or heard one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
randyg said:
I have a D&D, it's way too loud. Looking for something else.
Same here. Bought the bike used. 1 year old w/ 32xx miles and it had a D&D on it. The sound's alright, just too damn loud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the D&D carbon fiber loud but has a great lumpy idle like it has a cam in it.As for the sound i like it loud so the soccer moms hear me coming. :twofinger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts